Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new turnsignals for my 2007, but the bullet connectors are too large of a diameter to fit the connector on the OEM harness. where the hell do I get the narrow, thin, long, crimp on connectors that are like the ones on the OEM turnsignals.

P.S.

I do NOT want to cut the main OEM harness.

I do NOT want to cut the old pigtail off the OEM turn signals and splice them in.

I'm just looking for the crimp on connectors.

·
Administrator
8,284 Posts
yautja01 -

Usually you can't find them, as they are a proprietary application. You may have some luck Googling for automotive OEM connectors. Don't think you'd have much luck on motorcycle connectors... who knows?

There's an off chance that the dealer might have the OEM connector kits available, but I bet they'd be three prices over what they should be.

What I have had pretty good successs with is dissasembling the old connector (the actual connectors usually have some sort of clip on them that will relese them from the connector body) and carefully prying them from the wire. You can then solder them onto your new turn signal wires and re-install them in the connector body.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know how frustrating these things can be but you should to present your query in a civil manner.

It looks like the problem is solved so I'll hold my suggestion.

·
Administrator
8,284 Posts

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
klr4evr -

Wow! You da man!

Ya I know. That's what all the women say, LOL.

Glad to help. Although i haven't bought from them myself I have exchanged emails and was close to buying until I sold the bike that I was working on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts