Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day Everyone.
I am a new KLR 650 owner (2015 Green Model) and wondered if anyone else had a solution for the Upper fairing/Dash vibration. I installed the taller Kawi windshield and noticed more noise from vibration from the dash. I tried various tightening patterns of the fasteners that hold the upper fairing on with limited success.

I did find a solution that involved placing a 4" long piece of foam pipe insulation 9For 1 1/2" pipe) in the area between the windshield and the top of the dash. Vibration and noise are gone. I was wondering if anyone else had an alternative fix

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pics of your solution?

JD, I have a 14 New Edition and had/have the same problem. Had the Dash/Fairing Rattle/Buzz and noticed it more after adding the taller shield. Played around trying to find something that was just needing tightening but no help there.
Ultimately the best improvement I found was to cut a 4 inch piece of 9/16 rubber gas line hose off then slit it up one side and put it around the horizontal bar that runs just under the instrument cluster inside the fairing. It wedges up against the cluster and suppresses some of the vibration that causes the Rattle/Buzz noise.
I still have some noise and I think if I ever found a decent shield for the bike I'd notice it more so would be interested in seeing a pic of your "suppression device placement"!:wink2:

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Morning. I attempted to send you a photo of the JMD KLR650 Tall Windshield Anti-Vibration mod and couldn't until I have made 15 posts. As soon as I reach that level I will try again. Its supposed to be a great riding weekend here in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 15 that has the same dash rattle took me for ever to figure it out! Still haven't found a solution for it, any one got any pics of the fix?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Start jamming pieces of rubber all over back there.

Helped with mine. Gastank rattles at 4100 rpms and stops when I put my knees
against it. That's the next thing to get the rubber treatment as every fastener and
grommet has been checked/ snugged down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts