Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the concours up with my new Ivan's ECU reflash just to see what it would do. just my luck tropical storm beta was coming right at us, we had rain every stinking day until we got to Maggie valley Saturday afternoon. we came up from Augusta to Walhalla South Carolina and picked up moonshine 28 and checked out some cool waterfalls The waterfall at Highlands North Carolina is exceptional it's called dry falls why I don't know. The concours did pretty good with the reflash but precise throttle clutch brake control was paramount. with treacherous conditions you have to really be careful in the mountains when it's pouring down rain. we got up the deals gap thursday afternoon and low and behold I saw a couple of KLRs there. I didn't introduce myself as I was on the connie and didn't want people to recognize me for being a superstar that I am.
enjoy the photos
result_1601712771020.jpg
result_1601712771020.jpg
IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2734.JPG

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You can walk behind the falls and stay "dry". Lots of stairs! Brings some cash. I think it's 3 bucks but I don't stop there anymore. From Franklin to Highlands is a great ride in the winter when the leaves are gone. I call it the waterfall ride. You get to see so much more in the winter. Watch the road. The views can be distracting!!!

Also there's a taxidermy place on the left headed out of Franklin. They've got some really cool stuff in there if you're into it. They had a Elephant when we stopped in but that's been years ago. If "WAS" free. I ride those roads all the time, I live in Sylva.

If you don't mind a few miles of some really easy lite gravel (Class One) then ride this: LINK Mostly it's paved but the gravel part is a great ride! If riding North, stop at waterfall on left just after you get back on pavement. NOTE: The large pipe is water from the lake to the powerhouse. Everybody asks. LOL. You'll see it. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
can you give me a location from google maps or longitude/latitude?
thanx
this was my 2nd time doing moonshiner 28. last year i did ultimate moonshiner 28 as this road starts in augusta were i'm based out of. it took to long so we cut the corner and took sc11 from westminster to wahalla and started there. yup, the stairs are killer at dry falls when climbing back up from the falls. plus we had full gear on too😭

1 - 6 of 6 Posts