Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Halibut,

Thank you for tasting so nice when I grilled you with Butter, Onions, and other assorted spices. Your thick fellet's fill my belly and give me a warm feeling that is only surpassed by the cartwheels my celebrating taste buds turn bite after bite.

May I eat many more of your fish brothers in the future.

Culinaruly Yours,
Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never had stealhead.

I like the Halibut so much because its got a whole different texture than normal fish. Its more firm and filling (at least that is my take on it)

Does the cold water firm up the Steelhead like that?

Brian

·
Registered
990 Posts
Steelhead has a texture like salmon with a much different taste.

We had halibut and scallops cooked to perfection on a recent trip to Seattle. My kid Donnie is a chef and can really whip up some tasty grub.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Last time I went fishing with Joe I caught a Salmon AND a Steelhead and they were yummy.

Joe caught........

ummmmm.....

let's see.............

He caught.........

:character00271:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like most fish. Pacific Salmon are great. I caught a white king that was super tastey. My Mom really knows how to cook up Great Lakes Whitefish both in the frying pan and on the grill.

:character0053:

There is just something about the Halibut. I like to call it the "Steak of the Sea"

That is if you can't get your hands on dolphin of course.
:character0007:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I like most fish. Pacific Salmon are great. I caught a white king that was super tastey. My Mom really knows how to cook up Great Lakes Whitefish both in the frying pan and on the grill.

:character0053:

There is just something about the Halibut. I like to call it the "Steak of the Sea"

That is if you can't get your hands on dolphin of course.:character0007:
Halibut is yummy......but dolphin? Nooooooooooo, how could you? Guess you are too young to remember Flipper!:ashamed0005:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Halibut is yummy......but dolphin? Nooooooooooo, how could you? Guess you are too young to remember Flipper!:ashamed0005:

Not all of us are too young..

I always wanted to see Flipper get ahold of Lassie for a Battle Royale!!:character00268:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Not all of us are too young..

I always wanted to see Flipper get ahold of Lassie for a Battle Royale!!:character00268:
Lassie would kick Flipper's butt.....lol...................

out of water!

I'd like to see that........for the halibut!!!

Yuck yuck

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to see that........for the halibut!!!

Yuck yuck
I love that one.

I remember flipper. I watched it on [email protected] of course but was still a sweet show.

But the real question is who would win in a fight between Lassie and Flipper, if Lassie had Chainsaw arms???

There was a similar question posed about a former boss and a bear.

If I had chainsaw arms, I would get one of my arms stuck in the tree I was trying to cut down, then get the other arm stuck trying to get the first one out.

Brian

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I love that one.

I remember flipper. I watched it on [email protected] of course but was still a sweet show.

But the real question is who would win in a fight between Lassie and Flipper, if Lassie had Chainsaw arms???

There was a similar question posed about a former boss and a bear.

If I had chainsaw arms, I would get one of my arms stuck in the tree I was trying to cut down, then get the other arm stuck trying to get the first one out.

Brian

I'd likely chop my head off while trying to dry my hair!:ashamed0005:

Where do we come up with such things?:confused:

We now take you back to our regularly scheduled program.....:character0053:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speaking of Flipper...

I've always wanted a airboat since seeing that show. I bet I could get into a lot of trouble with one of those:character0007:

Brian

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good thread. My brothers and I chartered a halibut trip for the three of us and our dad for father's day. I can't wait! We are heading into Canadian waters where you can keep two of the buggers instead of one. You just have to wash them a little better :)

Jamie

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Good thread. My brothers and I chartered a halibut trip for the three of us and our dad for father's day. I can't wait! We are heading into Canadian waters where you can keep two of the buggers instead of one. You just have to wash them a little better :)

Jamie

Don't forget to take pictures....and post up!!!!:character0053: :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts