Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is demo day. Going to take out the bike of my dreams. 2010 Goldwing. Also going to ride the Versys, and maybe the New Concourse. Must keep wallet at home!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Cool! I look forward to hearing your impressions.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Tomorrow is demo day. Going to take out the bike of my dreams. 2010 Goldwing.
DON'T DO IT!!

I was always told buy GL1800 riders not to test ride one until I was ready to buy one.. 2 hours after I test rode one, I handed the keys over from my GL1500 Aspencade and rode away on a new 1800..

You've been warned!!!:)

They have like .9% financing right now, don't they?

There are no 2011 Goldwings.. What is being sold right now are leftover 2010 Wings.. They've stopped production in Ohio on the Wings/Cruisers/Quads and are moving production back to Japan, as well as doing a redesign on the Wing.. I haven't heard anything about the new model..

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Oh, and MSRP and what they're actually selling for are 2 different numbers.. In 2008 I bought mine for $2000 less than MSRP, and that was with a trade in. They gave me $1500 MORE for my trade in than I paid for it 9 months earlier.. (Ok, I stole the GL1500, but he was happy with the price, and so was I)

If you want to have a really tough day, wander over to my neck of the woods and visit http://www.sharercycle.com/ just an hour north of me.. They have a BUNCH of demo Guzzi's, Aprillia's, and Triumphs on the floor to go ride.. I want a new Guzzi badly!! Since I'm kicking around liquidateing the VFR, there's always a chance..

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark, what did you ride, what did you love, what did you hate, and what surprised you??
What I rode: My KLR

What did I love: Thinking I was going to ride the GW, and the Versys

What did I hate: Having two noobs in my store running it while I was riding really cool bikes.

What surprised me: That I did'nt close the store to ride two really cool bikes.

What did I opt for: Being in my store

I was bummed!

Consolation prize... New tire for the KLR

MB4

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I understand.. I'm engaged to a business owner.. Sometimes I even get to see her one the weekends..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts