Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I lucked out with a three day weekend and decided to run the Denali Hwy. It used to be the only way to get to Denali National Park, and is 135 miles long with at least 100 miles of it dirt.

I started in Anchorage, rode up to Paxson where I hopped on the Denali and stayed at the Tangle Lake Lodge. Sunday I rode the Hwy to Cantwell then down the Parks, where I almost hit a bear, to Talkeetna to hang with some friends. Then I headed south to Willow, took Hatcher Pass to Palmer then back to Anchorage.

It rained on me everyday but I still had a blast. Things were really green, and in the fog I felt like I was the only one around for hundreds of miles. I met a lot of neat people, fellow riders, and four ladies who were in need of a tire change. By the time it was over I was wet and tired but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

instead of a traditional report I put together a montage:35a:

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrsJ5LG7Jbw

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3991397632636913997

In Palmer I went, dripping, into McDonalds for food and to warm up. The lady behind the counter said "Not a good day to be on a bike." I replied with a big smile, "Its always a good day to be on a bike!"

Brian

PS.
If I can figure out how to use the space my ISP gives me I'll have a higher quality version to download.

PPS.
Larger better quality pictures can be found here
http://travel.webshots.com/album/559723241UIaVsQ?vhost=travel

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
OK that officially does it. I am envious, LOL, to be able to have that kind of view and adventure at your fingertips. Nice job on the montage, I enjoyed that. Sendinig it to my buddies to see.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I am really blessed to be up here and able to do this stuff.

I keep thinking

"WoW, I could be in Flint!!!"
LOL

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Brian,
If you're bored this week, meet me at the Pickwick in Duluth and I'll buy you a pepper cheese burger and a beer.. :)

Oh, that's right, you moved.. :12a:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paper,
Looks like I'm going to be back in the keweenaw next 4th for a wedding.

larryboy,
Honestly I don't know how it compressed. I think YouTube did it for me. I put the photos together with Photostory3, free download from microsoft, and uploaded it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Honestly I don't know how it compressed. I think YouTube did it for me. I put the photos together with Photostory3, free download from microsoft, and uploaded it.
Maybe a slideshow burns fewer MB? I'm able to manage slideshows with music on photobucket.

Nice job!! Side note..we saw the Ataris earlier this year and Kris wouldn't play "Boys of summer", he said it was never his song. Pretty cool show, we were about a foot away from him for the whole show. One of the best guitarists I've ever seen.

:35a:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just looked at the file size and its 11.5 MB. I bet video would take up a lot more. Also the pics on da YouTube are not the same quality as the ones I havce on my computer. I don't know how that happened. I just know enouph about computers to be dangerous. and i can't speel

Believe it or not, thats the only atari Song I've ever heard. I think its pretty sweet. Probabaly should get one of their albums.

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
If there ever was an area made for KLR's, you're smack dab in the middle of it..
Great pics!!
So.. What wedding are you speaking of? :23a:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My good friends Frank and Kirstin are going to get married. I think...

I got a cryptic message about a special day, good friends, and all the Old Milwaukee I could drink. Its either their wedding or a pasty bake.

Either are worth a flight across the country.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My good friends Frank and Kirstin are going to get married. I think...

I got a cryptic message about a special day, good friends, and all the Old Milwaukee I could drink. Its either their wedding or a pasty bake.

Either are worth a flight across the country.
Speaking of pasties, I'm going to be bouncing around in your old neck of the woods this next week, and I'll hold my coffee cup in the air as I mop up gravy, and yell out a cheer for you.. Well, maybe not "yell"..:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you ever need anything while your up there let me know. I still know a lot of people up there and it would be good to know which ones like me and which ones don't :23a:

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just looked at the file size and its 11.5 MB. I bet video would take up a lot more. Also the pics on da YouTube are not the same quality as the ones I havce on my computer. I don't know how that happened.
Most video hosting sites compress and resize your videos as they are uploaded. They don't want a 11-300mb video eating up all their server space.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man,does that bring back memories. I was born and raised in ALASKA and rode all those places on my old Yamaha thumper in the 70s-80s. Thanks alot for making me so very homesick. Oklahoma is alright but........
Rodney
Red 06 KLR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts