Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New KLR owner.

I just picked up a White 2015 KLR 650 used with 4307 Miles for $3800 in NH.
It was $4K but they couldn't get it started so I knocked off $200 for battery etc.
When I got home I changed the spark plug, oil and filter and cleaned the air filter and put in a new battery.
Started right up and ran great.

I didn't realize at the time that it had some desirable after market parts.
Here is what I have been able to identified so far.

FMF Q4 exhaust with FMF Power bomb header.
FMF Carb Jet kit - I assume its jetted
Twin Air - Foam Air filter
Metal Skid Plate
Moose Hybrid Footpegs
Folding shift lever (stock??)
Cramp Buster throttle grip
Rear Luggage Rack
Fieldsheer Soft saddle bags
KLR branded Tank bag
Aftermarket tall windshield

It has Dunlop K750s I believe are Stock but hard to believe they have 4K miles

Did I get a good deal?

Registered
Hey, if you are happy then you got a good deal!

Besides, it's so subjective... different parts of the country have different costs of living (NH isn't a cheap one!), different KLR supply/ demand, etc.

Just go ride! 馃檪

Premium Member
Ride ON! And welcome to the forum.

Registered
Sounds like a solid deal to me. If I were looking, I would look at 2015 and newer (supposed updates - suspension, seat, others , cant remember, actually they refer to the updates as 2014.5)

Highway pegs are the key for me. got them on my Gen1 and the tall windshield and a bunch of other things.

Sounds like a nice GenII and low miles too. Ride that baby. gonna rain tomorrow

Registered
if you take it down a gravel road ansd say to yourself, "This thing is squirelly.", jettison those Dunlops and get a better tire. There are folks who like the stockers. Many don't.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
if you take it down a gravel road ansd say to yourself, "This thing is squirelly.", jettison those Dunlops and get a better tire. There are folks who like the stockers. Many don't.
Once I get some more miles under on it I want to update the tires.
They can't be that good if they are no longer sold by dunlop.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a solid deal to me. If I were looking, I would look at 2015 and newer (supposed updates - suspension, seat, others , cant remember, actually they refer to the updates as 2014.5)

Highway pegs are the key for me. got them on my Gen1 and the tall windshield and a bunch of other things.

Sounds like a nice GenII and low miles too. Ride that baby. gonna rain tomorrow
Weather here is terrible! Raining/Snowing or just cold!
I want to get some more miles on it soon.

Premium Member
Once I get some more miles under on it I want to update the tires.
They can't be that good if they are no longer sold by dunlop.
The K750 oem tires have never been sold 'over-the-counter' from aftermarket suppliers, they are sold only thru Kawasaki dealers. Operations like RMATV/MC or Babbits Kawasaki PartsHouse own at least 1 Kawasaki dealership.

The K750 Dunlops used on 87-18 KLR650's are a budget, do-it-all type tire. Like the 'Universal Trials' tires of the 1970's were.

I've got no problem with finishing wearing them out when customers take them off with still half of tread life.

The KLR650 is a large enough, heavy enough bike that it doesn't perform great in mud or sand regardless of type of tire. But it will travel most all of the dry dirt roads, gravel roads, reasonably rocky roads, occasionally sandy or muddy spots and all of the asphalt in-between them roads on just about any tire.

Premium Member
You got a good deal. It's a nicely equiped bike with decent aftermarket upgrades and very low mileage. So long as it runs smooth and straight, you should be confident that it will bring you years of reliable adventure or simple commuting.

Plus, now you have a reason to occasionally hang out with the KLR nerds here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts