Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to post a link, but i need 15 post min to be able.

anyway i'm sure you all know about them, but i would sure like to get my hands on one

and if i want to go on a wait list and shell out 18,000 plus i guess i can have one.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
You would probably still be waiting. I've had a KLR for 7 years now and ever since I have heard about the diesel KLR. Never heard of anyone actually having one and have never seen one. Maybe I should check Snopes.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Military-surplus versions on government auction sites are routinely available and seem to sell for around $6-7K. Strange thing is, I've never heard of anybody on any KLR forum talking about buying and riding one. You would think at least one member on one forum somewhere would be bragging about their rare acquisition but I've never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I know this is an old comment but I just bought one :)
Cool! What kind of condition was it in? Straight surplus or "post-military pre-owned?" Are they straight diesel or "multi-fuel," (diesel, JP4 "gas in emergencies only" etc.) like a Deuce And A Half?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool! What kind of condition was it in? Straight surplus or "post-military pre-owned?" Are they straight diesel or "multi-fuel," (diesel, JP4 "gas in emergencies only" etc.) like a Deuce And A Half?
JP-8. It will run on diesel or jet fuel, heating oil, kerosene and a few others. It is in average shape. All four turn signals are broken and hanging by their wires, dead battery some scratches but not awful. It is in olive drab paint with the USMC painted over. I just started working on it. I want to change oil, radiator fluid, drain fuel before even thinking of cranking it. It only has 800 miles on it so that is just over one tankful of fuel worth of miles. I need to find some service manuals for it so I don't use the wrong fluids in it. I bought from an auction site online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts