Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the video. How was the condition of the plug?
looked normal to me, black on the threads and the tip, shows regular fire chamber effects, no oil, residues, unburned fuel or white powder.
it seemed like a normal used plug.

but my bike runs much nicer now, it's weird. i put in synthetic oil but the old owner said he always used synthetic.
i used to have a harmonic buzz at 4000 rpm, a loud rattle. now it;s all gone, NO BUZZ at all. not sure if removing the tank and fairings fixed the buz or it's because the engine is running smoother with the new plug and oil.
i also noticed that my FULL CHOKE IDLE IS LOWER, it used to jump to 3000 rpm in like 10 seconds, thats when i close the choke,
now with full choke, it hovers around 2500 2600, for like 30 seconds... so its running cooler, my idle sounds nicer now.

i dont know what happened, but after the service i did, the bike seem to run much smoother and nicer and no harmonics buzzz...

·
Registered
335 Posts
looked normal to me, black on the threads and the tip, shows regular fire chamber effects, no oil, residues, unburned fuel or white powder.
it seemed like a normal used plug.

but my bike runs much nicer now, it's weird. i put in synthetic oil but the old owner said he always used synthetic.
i used to have a harmonic buzz at 4000 rpm, a loud rattle. now it;s all gone, NO BUZZ at all. not sure if removing the tank and fairings fixed the buz or it's because the engine is running smoother with the new plug and oil.
i also noticed that my FULL CHOKE IDLE IS LOWER, it used to jump to 3000 rpm in like 10 seconds, thats when i close the choke,
now with full choke, it hovers around 2500 2600, for like 30 seconds... so its running cooler, my idle sounds nicer now.

i dont know what happened, but after the service i did, the bike seem to run much smoother and nicer and no harmonics buzzz...
I noticed the same effects. My full choke idle is also lower and the vibration and noise is greatly reduced. I went to a 20w50, so I think the thicker oil may have also affected that. The only downside, is I notice it take maybe 1-2 seconds longer to start cold.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used 10W40
Try the iridium spark plug for cool starts. I live in California so it's mostly warm here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts