Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i did a little video to help others who dont know how to remove their front wheel.

this will save lots of money when you want to replace the tire. taking in the wheel to a shop is cheaper than taking in the part.
the process takes less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ah, fixed the link! nice

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I assume you are going to make another separate video on reinstalling the front wheel.

Don't for get to to include instruction for getting the internal and external tabs on the speedometer drive properly back in the notches for then on the speedometer drive and the hub. Very expensive damage can occur otherwise.

Also, getting the notch on the speedometer drive over the bump on the fork to hold the drive in it's proper position is important.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you are going to make another separate video on reinstalling the front wheel.

Don't for get to to include instruction for getting the internal and external tabs on the speedometer drive properly back in the notches for then on the speedometer drive and the hub. Very expensive damage can occur otherwise.

Also, getting the notch on the speedometer drive over the bump on the fork to hold the drive in it's proper position is important.
yes definitely.

tomorrow ill have the wheels back. ill make another 2 vids for putting it back together.

thanks for the tip

·
Premium Member
6,691 Posts
yes definitely.

tomorrow ill have the wheels back. ill make another 2 vids for putting it back together.

thanks for the tip
xzatx,
I purposely re-index the speedometer drive so as the cable rests at 9:30 position on the 2008 and up models. Eliminates the 'S' bend of the cable, maybe for longer cable life.

GoMotor covered the drive tab alignment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts