Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I found these very affordable handguards!. $23.. very cheap considering the alternatives and they fit and work well.

here is my install video.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Link to product at place of purchase appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Thanks. No it wasn't in the video. You lied, LOL.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for mentioning it, i will update it when i go home!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you know what man, haha it is in the description of the video, just EXPAND it, click on the arrow :D.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry I can't good it has play on my tablet what is it listed under on YouTube I'll just look it up? I'm very interested

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I can't good it has play on my tablet what is it listed under on YouTube I'll just look it up? I'm very interested
just search youtube, KLR650 HANDGUARDS or search my name xzatx

or search DIY KLR650

i posted the link for the product and the video above! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
It just says plugin not supported, I found you on YouTube. They look great do you think there strong enough to take a fall over?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It just says plugin not supported, I found you on YouTube. They look great do you think there strong enough to take a fall over?
the way i installed it makes it even more stronger cause when you drop the bike, all the hit will go on the tip i have.

the guards are solid, the only think i wish it had was more coverage on the hand for wind, they are a bit narrow but it's so it clears all panels.

for $23.. its worth it and if u crash hard on them and say it does break, only the plastic will break, the inside is all metal. so it may bend or so. worst case scenario you pay $23 for new ones or the seller may accept replacing it for u

I dropped the bike yesterday and nothing happened to anything, i dropped it in pretty sandy area, so it was not a solid ground, the sand was loose.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea they are really strong, I dropped the bike several times and the guards took the beating.

For the price they are great and they are very strong.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for the up-date, ordering 2 sets.
No longer available at that price but same brand for a couple bucks more, no big deal.

Gordon

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They don't protect from wind much but solid when u drop it. They also fit fine but if u don't have risers, the bottom of it will hit the panel and scratch it. So you could put 3m vinyl there to protect your paint. I have risers there so I don't have that problem . On the clutch side, you may have to cut the bracket that comes with it a bit. I can send u more pictures later.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have risers there so I don't have that problem . On the clutch side, you may have to cut the bracket that comes with it a bit. I can send u more pictures later.
I don't have risers but I will deal with that..
Pictures are always good, thank you.. no hurry, be a few days before I even get them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It looks like it's a continuous piece of metal across to each mounting points, correct? I want something that's ABS plastic only on the outside so if it's hit, it doesn't bend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
abs outside, metal inside.
i dropped my bike a few times on them and it never bent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Got my bent Moose Racing handguards dumpster diving at the Honda shoppe.

Only warped a bit, not truly bent. Straightened the left side in the vise and they
are on. My plan is to attach the trimmed stock elephant ears when the cooler
weather comes a callin'.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts