Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...

I thought I would put a vanity plate on my bike, you know... do something a little different. So I went out to the DMV website, and played around with a few plates. I ended up with, MB4S KLR. Pretty simple huh? They asked me what the plate stood for, and I replied with the obvious... MB4 is my name on a motorcycle forum, and KLR is the type of bike I ride. Well yesterday I get a letter from the DMV saying they rejected the plate because of the way the letters were????? Do you see something that I don't? You would think that the California government would love my extra $41.00 for the plate, and an additional $30.00 per year! I mean really now...

End of rant, and way to go Arnold!

MB4

·
Registered
177 Posts
So...

I thought I would put a vanity plate on my bike, you know... do something a little different. So I went out to the DMV website, and played around with a few plates. I ended up with, MB4S KLR. Pretty simple huh? They asked me what the plate stood for, and I replied with the obvious... MB4 is my name on a motorcycle forum, and KLR is the type of bike I ride. Well yesterday I get a letter from the DMV saying they rejected the plate because of the way the letters were????? Do you see something that I don't? You would think that the California government would love my extra $41.00 for the plate, and an additional $30.00 per year! I mean really now...

End of rant, and way to go Arnold!

MB4
I believe CA allows only 7 spaces.

1 = M
2 = B
3 = 4
4 = S
5 = blank
5 = K
7 = L
8 = R

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe if you said that MB are your initials and you are the 4th person on the forum to use MarkB hence MarkB(4). The S makes the name (MB4) possessive of KLR which is the model of your motorcycle.
Do you really think the people at DMV would understand the logic in that? :18:

Don... Sorry I put the space in as an example of what it would of looked like.

MB4

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I noticed that, too. :18:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Now, that is a good idea. :23a:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts