Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This ride went off as planned and all had a good time and got home with sunlight to spare..
Changes to the route from last time and dryer conditions made for a more manageable tour for all.

Cabrito and I met in San Jose and motored down to Tres Pinos to meet the rest of the group. SLOKLR made it after a nice haul northbound from SLO.

SLOKLR was actually quite a stud the whole ride and really helped out alot of guys recovering from crashes, marshaling the field and giving good advise to the newbies, thanks for all the help.

It was a foggy overcast morning but quickly turned into a very hot day where my thermostat measured 108 degrees ambient temperature on the bike at times.

SLOKLR

Trail entrance address to google.

Cabrito and SLOKLR

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SLOKLR

My Bike

Cabrito rocking the visor, I chided him for his Hawaii look but the sunburn on my face the next day was the Karma for that

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other KLR dudes that were there and sorry I suck and am terrible with names..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other bikes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even the Instructors need a hand now and then.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Random

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Tractorking, man you took a lot of pictures. Great stuff. I think I took about ten pics, and at least five of those were blurry...

I think I clocked about 300 miles when the day was done. I made it home at 9:30pm.

SLO-KLR was indeed super cool to have along. He helped out so much that I don't think I even managed to get off my bike once to help someone pick up their bike because he kept beating me to it.

Here's me and Tractorking at the end of the ride in the ghost town of New Idria -

I was totally digging my Knobbies -

I've totally mastered freeway driving on them. The grooved freeway's are no longer an issue.

I hosed the beast off today and found that one of my muffler hanger bolts was totally missing. :t1202:

Oh, and I did not drop it yesterday even once!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes SLOKLR was a badass!!!

I have some more pics HERE, I actually didnt take as many as I would have liked. I tucked the camera away and every time something cool happened it was buried.

I haven't checked my bike yet but after the last ride I found all kinds of things that had rattled loose.

Fun times, that dirt was a weird fesh fesh type, the silt was more like quicksand when it was wet. Heres a little before and after:

Before

After

·
Administrator
8,351 Posts
Let's see, have I ever ridden with SLO where he didn't pick me up?

Let me check my notes.

Hmm.

No.

He's good at it, though! :desismiley1:''

I think I'd like to go on a Doc ride...

T

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Let's see, have I ever ridden with SLO where he didn't pick me up?

Let me check my notes.

Hmm.

No.

He's good at it, though! :desismiley1:''

I think I'd like to go on a Doc ride...

T
While I have picked up your bike a time or two, I wasn't the one marching are Slick Rock with a 120lb German woman on my back. :cool0012:

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
I had a great time. It was good to meet you guys. Ive got a fair amount of video to post once I get it edited. My new camera is goofed up and the audio is completely out of sync with the video. I even have a crash on video :rolleyes:
That would be a great area to have a campout get together when they open it back up.

I noticed a camp ground near the beginning that had an open gate going into it. There's lots of space out there to ride that's for sure.

Man, All my black gear - I'm sort of DarthVader'd out. No wonder I was so hot...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I had a great time. It was good to meet you guys. Ive got a fair amount of video to post once I get it edited. My new camera is goofed up and the audio is completely out of sync with the video. I even have a crash on video :rolleyes:
That would be a great area to have a campout get together when they open it back up.
Wonder whos crash that be :ashamed0005:

I am now a member of the "those who have been picked up by SLO-KLR club"

I'd be up for some guerrilla camping out there.
Seeing as I'm 40 Id like to camp there before I die. I mean, Im just figuring the political government timeline into the equation.
I might be dead before the feds re-open the joint.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Cabrito, Darth Vader would have used the force to prevent his bike from falling over before we left for Etna. :16:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I noticed a camp ground near the beginning that had an open gate going into it. There's lots of space out there to ride that's for sure.

Man, All my black gear - I'm sort of DarthVader'd out. No wonder I was so hot...
Yeah, you defiantly have a storm trooper thing going.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Yeah, you defiantly have a storm trooper thing going.
Cabrito, Darth Vader would have used the force to prevent his bike from falling over before we left for Etna. :16:
I'm more of a Rebel Alliance kind of guy. We believe in the force but can't use it like a Jedi.

Notice the Rebel Alliance sticker on my windshield. Very un-vader

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Are the other two KLR guys on this or any of the KLR forums?
I forgot to ask.

The guy on the green one had a really nice setup. Tastefully done.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I asked and they are on both the .net and .com but for the life of me I cant remember the screen names or real names for that matter. But I really suck in the area of remembering names.

I told them both to check us out over here and hopefully they will.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts