Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Most everyone here is working or riding. They don't spend a lot of time socializing on the 'puter.

By the way, welcome. Why don't you seriously think about lowering your KLR -- if the bike fits you better you'll be a better rider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike is feeling better and better I must say. But, as you suggested perhaps lowering it is the best idea.
I work too....but own a pet sitting service....so have nutty hours. Early morning, mid-day, and evening for a couple of hours each or less. So I am home a great deal on and off during the day and find myself hopping on the computer for entertainment if I am not reading or working outside. In the desert we're pretty much stuck inside in the afternoon in the summer. Way too hot!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Hey, G8ed!

Welcome. Cool, a pet sitting service. That must be a great job...sort of like teaching preschool or something. The pets/kids are awesome, it's the parents who can be a pain, right? or not? Would love to hear more about your adventures on the bike and in the shop. Feel free to post in any of the topics, not just here. You'll likely get more readers in the other forums. There aren't too many ladies who come in here.

Again WELCOME! Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ladies

Wow what a great section to have on a chat board, I am from Cda and

have never seen another lady on a KLR, I am sort of a lone :25: in my neck of the woods not alot of tall long leg ladies around I guess.

My other half rides a KLR but he uses his tippy toes to touch the ground.lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey girls--Hey Swish:60: --I haven't been on here in forever--great to see some more girls--for a while Swish and I were it......I have become a grandma since I was on here last--I know-I know Swish--PICTURES right!!!!!
Well, anyway, hey to all you girls and lets get this warm weather to hurry on up here..:) I need to get a new battery for the ol KLR and stretch her legs!!!!!!!!!!! Kay

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Hiya Kay!

Congrats on the new grandbaby!!! You bet we want pictures....
well........we're waiting!:11a:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
waterlilly,

Yikes....I missed your post previously!

Welcome to the board. We hope you'll find what you need here and please post some ride reports from your neck of the woods....with pictures! It might inspire others to travel your way sometime.

Again, welcome! Sorry I didn't see your post earlier!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I was just wondering about you the other day...somebody said they were in Ft. Bragg and I instantly thought of you. How have you been? What's new?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I could say the same for you. You suddenly disappeared from the forums. Poof! Glad you're in here.

I'm no longer working in Ventura, I'm now in San Diego, doing the same thing. Slightly closer to home, but not exactly what I requested. My boss here is anal, but the co-workers are nice. I now have to be careful about logging on, even though my work is ahead of schedule.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I have been trying to find out how Marty is...does anyone know? For some unknown reason he was listed as "banned" on here and nobody knows why or who banned him. I felt awful when I found out and of course the ban is lifted and everyone is mystified. Do you know how he is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wifester rides/drives. I taught her back in 1992 on my 1989 Honda 600 TransAlp and 1500 Kawasaki Vulcan.
We're on our second KLR 650. She drives it but the seat is a bit too high.
She has personally owned one Honda 250 Nighthawk, two 883 Sporties, one V-Star 250, one Yamaha V-Star Silverado, one 250 Ninja, one 750 Kawasaki Vulcan, and now owns a 400 Burgman. Next for her is anyone's guess. She is looking at that T-Max maxi scoot real close and test drove it last week in Daytona. She also has one of those love/hate relationships with the magical 883...
The wifester doesn't frequent these forums to personally type in input; That's my job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here comes another Gal on a KLR!!!!!

Got my 09 Black KLR delivered yesterday, so excited but too cold to take it for a spin up and down the street.

Finally....finally got my bike, it was my birthday present to myself after my divorce.

I previously owned an '83 Yamaha XT 250, loved the bike. I became a mum and x says, gotta sell that bike...you gotta be responsible now.
I was so heart broken and lost, dirt biking was part of me since I was 13.
Enuf of this BS and other things...divorced him and now I'm so happy with a female partner...yes that's right...I went the other way and I'm so darn happy with her.

We will have a blast next summer and so is my son...he was more excited to see the bike delivered than I was....too cute.

So, now...I'm looking for a comfort seat for my KLR...I was looking at Corbin...so darn expensive...any alternatives?

Also looking at luggage..any suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a TPI comfort flat seat, I like it so far. Still a bit pricey but less than the Corbin, it's also lighter.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
So, now...I'm looking for a comfort seat for my KLR...I was looking at Corbin...so darn expensive...any alternatives?

Also looking at luggage..any suggestions?
Go hit your local Walmart and see if they have an "ATV Seat Cover" in the automotive section.. Usually around $18 and it will greatly improve the stock seat.. Either that, or a dead sheep is always a surefire system for butt comfort..

Theres a lot of good dead sheep, but my favorite is Aerostich's because it's got a rubber layer under the fur.. http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-sheepskin-saddle-pads.html

Try the ATV cover.. If you can't find one in your local store, I've been told you can now order them at Walmart, too..

·
Registered
88 Posts
For 35 bucks, you can buy a small whole sheepskin at any medical supply house. They use them to help prevent bedsores. Because they are medical, they are a tight fleece and trimmed to have an even nap, and they are treated with something so that you can throw them in the washing machine. That's a tremendous advantage right there, because they do get grubby on the road. Cut to fit, and away you go. Have one; works great.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts