Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 klrs and 2 ktms, one month, and camping the whole way馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿. We are starting in NC, Fayetteville and ending in AR, Fayetteville.

Any tips or must sees??

I鈥檇 love to hear some stories of the TAT from everyone!

Wish us luck馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿

Premium Member
I Hope you have a great time and 6 flat tires. :) (break a leg, among stage & movie actors)

When you heading west?

Reactions: KlrNips

Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
Be sure to post a daily travelogue. I鈥檓 thinking about it at some future year.

Registered
Hope your having fun on your TAT journey and you鈥檝e only had 1 flat by now and no animal hits, post pics and let us know how it鈥檚 going.
I鈥檓 planning on doing part of the TAT next spring or Fall on the 08 KLR, going to start in Tennessee and end in Oklahoma someplace.
This is my goal if my health stays with me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright y鈥檃ll here鈥檚 a little update a couple days in... one of the ktms blew the rear shock and he鈥檚 riding on nothing but the spring, so we had to track down a bike shop that could express ship a new one over and install it. Ktm鈥檚........

Anywho we are bunkering down in Sherrills Ford, NC until we get his bike fixed. Other than a couple gps mishaps everything has been going great. No flat tires either... I just jinxed it, didn鈥檛 I. 馃う馃徎

We are getting pretty close to where both starting points merge, just west of Bakersville, NC. I can鈥檛 wait to see the smokies!!

Take care everyone, and get out there and ride! ADV season is here!!!

Registered
You'll almost certainly be going through my town here on your way to Fayetteville, AR. I'm in Russellville, AR on I-40. At exit 81, there's a couple of good options for burgers if you guys happen through at lunch or dinner time. Right at the exit on the right is CJ's Butcher Boy burgers, and if you turn left and go 1/2 a mile, there is Whattaburger right across from the university. It's not the chain store whattaburger, it's just named the same thing (precedes the chain by a couple decades, I think.)

If you do stop, let me know .. I'll ride over and meet you guys :)

Safe travels.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll almost certainly be going through my town here on your way to Fayetteville, AR. I'm in Russellville, AR on I-40. At exit 81, there's a couple of good options for burgers if you guys happen through at lunch or dinner time. Right at the exit on the right is CJ's Butcher Boy burgers, and if you turn left and go 1/2 a mile, there is Whattaburger right across from the university. It's not the chain store whattaburger, it's just named the same thing (precedes the chain by a couple decades, I think.)

If you do stop, let me know .. I'll ride over and meet you guys :)

Safe travels.
Well I checked on this a bit late, we always love meeting fellow riders. We made it home yesterday, what a journey. 2900 mile trip, over 15 days!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So we made it home!!!馃コ馃コ馃コ馃コ馃嵒馃嵒馃嵒馃嵒 I was definitely having the time of my life and forgot to update this regularly. Here鈥檚 a few highlights:

blown shock on one of the ktms, not a single flat tire, no extreme weather, deep water crossings and soaked boots/ socks, a couple hangovers, great stories, extremely nice strangers, TAIL OF THE DRAGON, Smokie mountains, just about every dirt road type you can imagine, beautiful camp spots that deserve multiple stays, and we all found out what we really need on these trips!

This has been the single most memorable experience I鈥檝e ever had on my KLR650, which I have to say, had zero issues whatsoever. An absolute work horse made for the apocalypse! I have a completely new found respect for my bike and I鈥檓 gonna ride her until the wheels fall off!

Don鈥檛 doubt for a second that you can鈥檛 do this trip. All it takes is the time to do it. So get out there everyone!!!!

Registered
Awesome trip ! I'm going to ride around Blue Ridge Parkway area for 4 days with a couple friends at the beginning of May. I'll be on my '15 KLR, another guy on a GS1200A, and a 3rd on a Triumph Street Scrambler. Should be interesting to see how everybody fares on their wildly different bikes.

Registered
Sounds like a good time had by all, next summer can鈥檛 come fast enough for me but at least I have this year to work on my KLR riding skills and what I will really only need to pack on the bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts