Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a mechanic that has replaced the doo-hickey in (Ventura County) So Cal. If so could you give me a name and number. I was thinking about digging in myself but I think I will leave it up to someone that has done it before. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need to do my mine too,, I am in the Barstow area,, we need to plan a weekend wrenching session or something, for the KLR owners in this area. I bet mine is the ugliest, but the price was right

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can host a small tech days if you guys would like.
SLO-KLR,

I'm definately interested, I live in Clovis, but I also have a house in Cambria. So I could stop in Paso and head to the coast when we are done. I would really like to change the Doo-Hickey and check the valve clearances. I'm, as you probably know, just about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from Paso Robles.

Mark
Sportster65

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am interested, but would probably have to decide last minute, depending mostly on weather. 250 miles each way, dont want to do it cold and wet. This high desert weather is either hot windy and dusty, or cold windy and dusty, but ,mostly dusty with a chance of sand. but let me know lol

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
What happened to this possible Tech Day?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i use to live in camarillo and i think there is a bike mechanic off callins st. by the dmv or in that general area in ventura that might do it but for the life of me i cant remember what the the name of it is.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Call EagleMike and he will walk you through the install or make arrangements with Mike and take a trip to have him install it. He am sure install the Doo for a reasonable amount and it would save you the price of the tools.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It was beefed up, but the spring is still an issue. My buddy and I just finished doing a doo on an 08 day before yesterday. There have been reports of the spring being broken with only 1 or 2 thousand miles on the 08's.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Will the '08 lever stick to the case as the pre'08 lever would? The stock levers do not have the finish of the Eagle lever. Every Eagle lever is hand manicured with a small file. Believe me I know from experience. EagleMike can do the manicuring without thinking and if you have talked to him on the phone he was probably doing that as you spoke.

If Peace of Mind means anything to you do yourself a favor install an Eagle lever and spring. If Function means anything to you...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts