Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most of you know, i unhooked my Doo. I have been riding around on it, for a while now. Even been down a few freeways, did a few 700 + klm days. I think i can get the bike to smooth out with gearing. I will balance the crank one day, but i don't think it is a life or death thing. Without the Doo i can feel the bike come onto cam like never before. Gave a mate who has a stock KLR a ride. I told him to put it in 3rd pin it and wait. He came back with a huge grin on his face. I think this motor could come into it's own with a set of cams. I know people have tried cams with mixed results, but i am 100% sure i can get a set that will give a big top end hit. The other thing is its pulling higher gearing. When you rev it it comes up onto cam faster, so you can ride a higher gear on trails. I put a 16 / 43 sprocket on, 165klm true speed not kawasaki speed came up very, very fast . If it had higher gearing it would of pulled a higher top speed very easy. This was done on a dirt road with me standing on the pegs in a low crouch, if you know what i mean. Cheers Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
well as most of you know, i unhooked my doo. I have been riding around on it, for a while now. Even been down a few freeways, did a few 700 + klm days. I think i can get the bike to smooth out with gearing. I will balance the crank one day, but i don't think it is a life or death thing. Without the doo i can feel the bike come onto cam like never before. Gave a mate who has a stock klr a ride. I tolwtgd him to put it in 3rd pin it and wait. He came back with a huge grin on his face. I think this motor could come into it's own with a set of cams. I know people have tried cams with mixed results, but i am 100% sure i can get a set that will give a big top end hit. The other thing is its pulling higher gearing. When you rev it it comes up onto cam faster, so you can ride a higher gear on trails. I put a 16 / 43 sprocket on, 165klm true speed not kawasaki speed came up very, very fast . If it had higher gearing it would of pulled a higher top speed very easy. This was done on a dirt road with me standing on the pegs in a low crouch, if you know what i mean. Cheers peter
wtg :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts