Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on doing the doo tomorrow I've been reading some guides and already have all the tools. I have an 08 so I would also like to repair the deep hole issue. I have read that the eagle mike doo kits come with a spacer for repairing the deep hole issue, my kit did come with a small washer. The leftcoastklrs (leftcoastklrs.com/balancer_lever_upgrade.htm) guide mentions "At this point, if you are upgrading a 2008/9, install the supplied washer onto the adjustment bolt" is this step repairing the deep hole issue or is this something completely different? The deep hole issue appears to need something that is a 3/8" spacer the washer I received with the doo kit is very small. I'm thinking this is a separate issue and I will have to source a 3/8" spacer myself I'm just looking for some a clarification from the experts :)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
The washer is for the doohicky adjusting bolt, if needed and has nothing to do with the deep hole issue. there is an additional piece you need from EM. Contact him and explain and he will help you sort it out.
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Deep Hole Piece

I did the mod on my '08. The piece is a short sleeve IIRC. You can get it at any hardware store for under a buck. You might call Eagle Mike and get the specs (I think it was SAE) and go pick one up before starting the job. That will save you some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts