Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys,

New 2008' KLR650 owner and have been trawling potential problems with the KLR and as I plan on keeping it for a long time wanted to get the doohickey installed but having a hard time finding a bike shop that's done them before. I bought the doohickey kit and lack the tools and know how myself (apart from the regular maintenance duties).

Does anyone know of anyone in Melbourne doohickey versed :)

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
8,262 Posts
Reactions: shinyribs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which Doohickey kit did you get? I used Eagle Mike's torsion spring. I was pretty afraid I would mess up, but all in all it wasn't too difficult, and I'm no master mechanic, just trying to save bucks where I can. If you got the rotor tool from eagle mike, it makes the job a snap.

If you decide to do it yourself, there's a few sites where there are step by step instructions and pictures but the biggest thing to emphasize is putting the rotor back on and the woodruff key. 1. make a small punch indentation on the bottom of the woodruff key to hold it in place while you put the rotor on. When sliding rotor on, turn the gear on the shaft until the rotor slides in the last bit on the shaft. Make sure you do this proper and it isn't a problem, saved a few bucks and know more about your machine. Get a friend or family member to help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts