Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my doohickey parts ordered so I can do the doo. Also checking the deep hole issue. The kit I'm getting from Eagle Mike should have the spacer since mine is an 09.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got my doohickey parts ordered so I can do the doo. Also checking the deep hole issue. The kit I'm getting from Eagle Mike should have the spacer since mine is an 09.
According to the Watt-man KLR Timeline, bikes with VIN of 20749 or lower have the deep hole, bikes with VIN 20803 or higher have the fix. I believe this refers to the last 5 digits. Might not be an issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the other night and my numbers, if I recall correctly, are in the lower range. I gotta get this thing ready for more miles!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patiently waiting for my parts to arrive. Mail carriers haven't delivered at all this week with all the ice that we've gotten. Mississippi is not equipped to handle this stuff!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just stopping in to say hi.
We always include the deep hole spacer when you order doo parts kit directly from us for a 2008 or 2009 model. It is the last 5 numbers of the VIN you want to look at - right around 20800 is the cutoff where they changed the bushing in the outer case.*
Seems like USPS is slowed a fair bit all over the country right now.
If you get stuck, please call. I'd rather give you coaching than have you frustrated. Good luck!

*there are times the various engine or VIN numbers for changes are incorrect. For instance, the number Kawasaki provides for the clutch change in the 2011 models is wrong. I worked on an engine several hundred numbers later that had the early clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts