Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ordered and eagle mike doohickey upgrade and ordered the puller off of ebay the item was described as a flywheel puller but in the description it was labeled a "must for counter/balancer doohickey replacement". On http://www.klr650.marknet.us/doohickey.html the tool is labeled as a 22mmx1.5 puller the package of the one i received is 20mm does anybody know if this is the wrong puller?

·
Registered
160 Posts
It might have something to do with what year bike it is. I may be wrong but it is worth checking out. You don't want to have the wrong tool when you pull things apart.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They are all the same thread size from 1987 to 2007 I can measure one tonite for you and post the thread size unless someone else know's before I get to it .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn, well I'll see if I can return it or exchange it I ordered it off of ebay and they seem legit they are located about a 45min ride from where I'm at, anybody know where to get the correct one cheap if they don't? I have the gaskets and the plans make the wrench... If it comes down to it anybody wanna rent me one? I'll pay shipping cost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered the Kit from KLR650.com and comes with everything you need including the gaskets,wrench, puller and new rotor bolt. $60 Did mine today and everything went without a hitch!

Don't worry guys I ended up getting Mike's doo from Happy trails.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Motion Pro used to list a 20 X 1.5 puller for the KLR. It was that way for a long time - kind of a big oops. It is supposed to be a 22 X 1.5. Some of the pullers turned out to be an issue even when they are the correct size - another oops! :mad0235:
all the best,
Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
damn, well I'll see if I can return it or exchange it I ordered it off of ebay and they seem legit they are located about a 45min ride from where I'm at, anybody know where to get the correct one cheap if they don't? I have the gaskets and the plans make the wrench... If it comes down to it anybody wanna rent me one? I'll pay shipping cost.
I would be happy to send you mine but I think shipping and time would probably not really make sense.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah shipping from Alaska probably not the cheapest... but I got ahold of the seller on ebay they have no problem with an exchange.... I thought about the kit from klr650.com but I'm cheap and $60 for a kit to install a $40 part is out of my price range, this puller was $15 i got a entire gasket kit for $20 and I can make the wrench... so we'll see how it goes thanks for the info guys, I'll post up some pics when I end up doing it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay I know this is a KLR 650 forum but my buddy and I are working on his 85 KLR 600 that he picked up for basically nothing and we need to know what size the flywheel puller bolt is for the KLR 600. I have also seen both the 20 and 22 x 1.5 listed on sites and after reading this I realize the correct size for the 650 is the 22 x 1.5 but what about the 600?

This 600 will spark like crazy when you pull the plug and turn it over but when you put the plug back in it won't fire up even with straight starting fluid. I read on the ThumperTalk forum a guy was having the same problem and it turned out his Woodruff key was busted. Anyone else have this problem?

Any information you all have to offer is much appreciated, it looks like it could be a great bike. If only it would start!

Also, does anyone know if the idler shaft lever (Doo hickey) has the same problem on the KLR600 and would the replacement part be the same?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts