Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ended my long search and have finally located and purchased my first KLR.
I will be picking up a used '09 this weekend.
The bike has not been well maintained so one of the first items to be taken care of will be wanting to change the Doohickey.
Then check the valve adjustment, and bring them into perfect spec.
Therefore I am putting out a call to see if anyone in the central Okanagan area of British Columbia has the tools available to lend or supervise me while I replace the Doohickey on an '09.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do yourself a great favor!
Go to Eagle manf. and for like $139 (US), he'll send you EVERYTHING plus more to do your Doo.
I had thought I could put together all the stuff to do it, but for the price and the parts, (springs, instructions, gaskets, holders, pullers) you can't really beat it!
Plus! he send you a COOL sticker to put on your bike!:35a:
Do the Doo, the thermo mod from Thermo Bob and the 22 cent fix. Your KLR will thank you for it!:)
Joe
I'd do ANYTHING for a tee shirt or sticker!:11a:

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Nothing wrong with borrowing the tools if you can find them locally. I have a set that I lend out but unfortunately we are a little far apart. Your best bet may be to post your request here:

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/

See you are a Goldwing rider too. I have a 1500. Great combo bike wise. a Wing and a KLR.

May be in your area some time next week. Plan on heading to BC Saturday with the hope to do some of the KVR starting at Castlegar. Don't know how far we'll get. Hoping for better weather right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts