Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda like me!

These are Koplin Geartector ATV mitts. I've been using Tusk mitts for the last several years and have always struggled with keeping the drafts out of them. The Koplins seem to keep out all the cold and are easy to put on. They have a zipper to expand them to go over the bars and a draw string (inboard) to snug them up. Punch holes for the mirrors and Bob's your uncle!

I do have handguards so don't know for sure if they would stay off the levers without. I'm thinking they would though and they're big enough to go over the OEM shields.

It's supposed to get into the low 30s tonight... hey that's getting cold in the SoCal desert! Mitts and heated grips make the ride to work nice!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Low 30's and you are complaining!!! 32 F = 0 C . It has been below zero at night for a couple of weeks and I am not complaining (although it limits how far up the mtns I can ride till the snowline). I find a good pair of wind pants and jacket and some insulated work gloves work just fine!

C'mon up to BC and bring yer 'arm insulators' and I will show you the amazing Rocky Mountains of BC!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Low 30's and you are complaining!!! 32 F = 0 C . It has been below zero at night for a couple of weeks and I am not complaining (although it limits how far up the mtns I can ride till the snowline). I find a good pair of wind pants and jacket and some insulated work gloves work just fine!

C'mon up to BC and bring yer 'arm insulators' and I will show you the amazing Rocky Mountains of BC!!

Yea I'm a wus but a warm one!

Hey it's southern California we put sweaters on cats when it hits 50 degrees!

·
Registered
562 Posts
How much of a hassle is it getting in and out of those suckers?? I have a pair of somebody's mitts and they don't go that far back

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much of a hassle is it getting in and out of those suckers?? I have a pair of somebody's mitts and they don't go that far back

Rode into work this morning with them, 34 deg. (yea waaa...). Hands were very comfy I even turned off the grip heaters for awhile.

They come up to about mid forearm so I have to pull my hand straight back about a foot. They hold their shape at speed so it's easy to get back on the grips. There is plenty of room to work the switches also.

and hey 34 @ 65 mph = 15 F (-9 C) so I'm not quite the Nancy boy you think!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

C'mon down to my slice of the desert and I'll show you the amazing Death Valley. Of course in the summer it's about 125 F (52 C). No "arm insulators" needed!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm with Spec on this. When you're used to riding in 115 plus and find that comfortable, pre 60 starts to feel a bit chilly to us desert rats. Pre 30 and I'm a miserable cuss. Give me 115 any day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would much rather ride in hot weather any day than cold, but if you ride in the cold, invest in proper gear. Worth the money Fo Shizzle!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts