Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get another one of these chain guide? noise dampener jobbies that goes on the drive sprocket? i have been looking to no avail as of yet.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Dealership??

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lmao the dealership i got the bike from doesn't even carry tubes. they sell bikes that's about it. everytime i go there it's "no we don't have that but we can order it", well guess what i can too and it comes to my house. lol

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I'm 57 years old and must be deaf as a stone. Too much Rock and Roll and loud bikes. I've not had an OEM primary on my bike in years. Seriously, if that little additional noise drives you nuts get some $2 dollar ear plugs......as I did, much too late. YMMV

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone know where to get another one of these chain guide? noise dampener jobbies that goes on the drive sprocket?
Just sayin

·
Registered
757 Posts
That's only the OEM factory sprocket that has that. All the other 14, 15, 16, & 17 tooth sprockets don't have it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm 57 years old and must be deaf as a stone. Too much Rock and Roll and loud bikes. I've not had an OEM primary on my bike in years. Seriously, if that little additional noise drives you nuts get some $2 dollar ear plugs......as I did, much too late. YMMV

+1 on ear plugs. If you ride highway speeds you will damage your hearing if you don't wear them.

The OEM primary sprocket is the only one I've seen that has the rubber insert.
$45 for the OEM or $10 for an aftermarket plus $2 for ear plugs!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gotcha, that explains why i can't find one. i just like to hear my bike while i ride, the chain noise pretty much covers up all other noises the bike makes. as for the earplugs i'll think about it however i am always wearing my helmet which cuts noise down a ton and i like to hear if someone is sneaking up on me on the road or other ambient noises that can alert me to danger like tires squealing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've got to say I'm impressed!
You can hear the chain!
What, with the wind noise, the "staintune" blatting away, the engine making all it's usual mechanical cacophany-I don't think I've ever really heard the chain.
But then I'm 56 years old and have a good case of industrial deafness.
I'll pay more attention tomorrow and see if I can pick it out.:)

iddy

·
Honda VTX 1800c
123 Posts
Hey bud are you sure it's the chain ?? As I,ve never heard mine ,had I figured a chain noise and could not find it so thinking it will break one day and reveal it's self 'after 6 years waiting found out my headlight at a certain speed ( vibration) would abuse it's self cause ing me agony and cheezing me off ! Now my advice to you young fellows would be ,do the muffler mod !!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
yep positive its the chain, either that or my sprocket is grinding away on my engine....which isn't happening.
What's the condition of your chain? Only time I have really heard my chain was when it was pretty well worn out and needed constant adjustment.

I may have a OEM sprocket laying around here with about 3000 miles on it. You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping, assuming I can find it. I took it off in favor of a 16 tooth.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chain is new only about 1000 miles on it. i appreciate the offer for your sprocket but, i might as well get used to it, and you never know when you will need a back up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts