Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dual element turn signals that look like our stock units available?

Steve E............

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do you have the gen 1 or gen 2 bike? There isn't any factory klr dual signals but you can convert your current one by taking out your 1156 sockets and installing 1157 sockets and bulbs and running one extra wire for running lights. You can send me your signals or I can sell you aftermarket factory signals with the 1157 sockets already installed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I converted the front signals on 2 of my bikes already and converted the rear on 3 of my last road bikes(Volusia, Road Star and a 2000cc Vulcan) with red lense for run/turn. Much thanks for the offer, I didn't know if there was a ready made option from the factory. Just out of curiosity what are you asking for the front set already converted?

Steve E............

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Are there any dual element turn signals that look like our stock units available?

Steve E............

Kissan makes the Signal Minder that plugs into the stock wiring. It does several things including running lights, 4 way flashers, signal cancellation, etc.

I don't have one but have heard that they work as advertised.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Each turn signal would probably cost about 25 in parts alone. So I'm thinking 35 each plus shipping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just do them myself like the others. Thanks again.

Steve E............

·
Registered
517 Posts
Glad you know how to do it. Some people don't have a clue. Just like my lack of computer skills. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got them done about 15 minutes ago. Took about 35 or 40 minutes for both of them. Now I just pick up some of the small bullet connectors tomorrow as I am out. I know just enough puter stuff to get me in trouble, the experts always ask me 'now why did you do that'? LOL.

Steve E..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts