Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a nice shop with some great products directed towards us Dual Sport riders. I think they actually have a jacket and some pants that might fit me. That will be a first, LOL.

Enjoy the link:
http://www.dualsporttouring.com/xlsws_php/

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey Dwayne, I think www.ironpony.com and www.newenough.com have the best prices. Not all dual sport stuff but when they have advertised specials, they have the best prices. Sign up on both their e-mail lists and they'll notify you.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the prices is what keeps most guys from being able to get good quality gear. And if you are the size of a mountain, well they just smile real big and show you the price added to make it fit. :(

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just think it's more a matter of getting something that fits vs quality or price. Makes you wonder sometimes what the hell these companies reference when it comes to sizing. You can spend $1000 on the most comfortable jacket ever claimed, but if it fits like crap it ain't so comfortable and definitely not worth $1,000. What kills me even more is that most these companies don't give proper sizing information on their website. Makes it crap shoot unless you email the company your measurements and ask them for the right size.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just think it's more a matter of getting something that fits vs quality or price. Makes you wonder sometimes what the hell these companies reference when it comes to sizing. You can spend $1000 on the most comfortable jacket ever claimed, but if it fits like crap it ain't so comfortable and definitely not worth $1,000. What kills me even more is that most these companies don't give proper sizing information on their website. Makes it crap shoot unless you email the company your measurements and ask them for the right size.
Still a crap shoot, Aerostitch web site says Im a 46L. So I find a very slightly used one piece just around the corner for sale, get all jazzed just to try it on and find it cramped the boys up really bad. Really glad I didnt order one and find out the expensive way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What do you guys ride in? I have a Olympia setup I really like for the street, however I know if I continue to use it for offroad stuff I will thrash it. Between mud runs and crashes. So I have been researching gear for DS use. Youse guys prefer a jacket with armor or perhaps armor that you can wear anything over? The armor I have been looking at kinda looks like it could be bulky. So what do you use? I dont wanna get a bunch of stuff I dont use, but I also cant afford to be off work due to crashes..

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
What do you guys ride in? I have a Olympia setup I really like for the street, however I know if I continue to use it for offroad stuff I will thrash it. Between mud runs and crashes. So I have been researching gear for DS use. Youse guys prefer a jacket with armor or perhaps armor that you can wear anything over? The armor I have been looking at kinda looks like it could be bulky. So what do you use? I dont wanna get a bunch of stuff I dont use, but I also cant afford to be off work due to crashes..
"What do you guys ride in?"

Start a new thread and see where it goes. This is that time of year.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a first gear mesh jacket that is absolutely awesome in summer. The model I have is no longer made, but it's very similar to the Rush Mesh currently made. Barely notice that it's even on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts