Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey -
Has anyone tried the dual sport jacket offered at klr650.com? It seems to be an outstanding value, so much so that I went ahead and ordered one. But if anyone has one I'd like to know your thoughts.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jacket

Very nice jacket for the money. Two of my friends have them and like them. They are made in Pakistan..so the price is low. Excellent value.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pakistan!!!

Greetings!

Not to get political in this forum, but buying any product from Pakistan just rubs me wrong. I'm all about shopping price too, but supporting a country that on one hand appears as if it is supporting our efforts in the fight against terrorism and yet doesn't allow us to cut the head off of the snake taking refuge in Pakistan just bugs me. :mad0235:

Now having stated that, it is a nice looking jacket. I bought an Olympic brand with the very visible bright neon yellow. I wanted to be seen by the sleeping at the wheel motorist. As I ride along the roadways, I see people making the eye contact I was looking for with their eyes wide open from the high visibility of the jacket.

Safe motoring.

Regards

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've been trying to find a nice mesh touring jacket that will fit a chest size 60, "yeah I am a tiny man", lol. If anyone knows of a company let me know. A lot of makers list 4x and 5x, but they are nowhere near U.S. stated sizes of 4x and 5x. Would be nice to get some light armor for my back and arms just in case but not burn up in this summer weather.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm with idaho on Pakistan, but I've got a beef with almost every nation in the world, including the US in many cases, so I've resorted to admitting that we're all one big happy family. I do, however, dress accordingly...:fighting0001:

·
Registered
603 Posts
DXKLR,have you tried Fieldsheer?I have one of their mesh jackets and the sizeing seems to ok

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have been looking around the net past hour or so. Looks like Joe Rocket is the only one with a mesh jacket that will fit. Fieldsheer's sizing chart is very generic to be sure if it would fit or not. The Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket runs about $170.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Hey -
I just got my jacket, and it's a superior garment. I wanted to say how impressed I was with it, especially considering the price. I have no connection to the vendor, just think that for $100 it's a heck of a deal. I am considering buying a spare in a smaller size to wear without the liner in warm weather.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
DXKLR,
Or should I say, XXXXKLR :)..
As a larger guy, too, I've occasionally noticed bigger stuff on Newenough.com and Motorcyclecloseouts.com. It's tough to find a mesh jacket, since they're mostly shorter cut, and designed to fit tight, to allow the mesh to work correctly.

Check this Micheal Jordan Mesh jacket, in sizes up to 5XL at NewEnough. I've never seen one, but if you don't like it, NewEnough has the best customer service I've seen in ages. Very good people. And only $85.
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/mesh_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/michael_jordan_6x_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

They also have some Joe Rockets in 3XL in the bargain basement for $45 http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/joe_rocket/meteor_4_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

If you email NE, you'll be getting an email back very quickly. If you buy from NE, be sure to make a donation in their name to a favorite internet MC group. I used to donate to another KLR group, but I now give to Motorcycle camping forum. The owner there is a great guy.

Check out http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/prod_category.asp?ManId=177 for mesh, and if you can't find anything in your size, email Rusty for suggestions. He's pretty on top of what he has for inventory.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Jacket

The KLR.com jacket is very nice....I would purchase one myself but my coat is supplied at work...l let them buy me a really expensive one. I believe you can get some armour for the klr coat also.

I wear over my coat a high visibility traffic vest..purchased from saferider.com
My harley buddies like the idea...but looks funny with a t-shirt. lol. Most riders are smucked because they arnt seen..this vest is a real eye catcher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts