Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Dual Star heated grip kit in the mail. I originally intended to install them on my R6 (I was gonna commute on it), but it will be going on my yet to be delivered KLR now. I sprung for the round toggle switch, grip glue, and their heat shrink handlebar insulator. Enjoy. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Can you post a pic of the two heating elements side by side? It looks like they are different in the element design and that could tell me if I got mine switched when I was putting them on.

I like the round switch a lot better than the toggle switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you installed the grips yet? How well do they work with the heat shrink? Dual-Star indicates that the shrink is not needed?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks like pretty simple stuff --may be even a cavem---cavegirl could do it!!! I have been wanting those for my KLR and now I am going to have the wee--so I'll have to get 2 sets...( I get hives from the cold sometimes and on the palms of your hand isn't fun). But after looking at the price of heated grips in the suzuki acessories catalog ----$150.00 a pop I think is what they were---I'll be ordering from dual star also. Good luck on the install and take pics for us cavegirls!!:) :) K

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you installed the grips yet? How well do they work with the heat shrink? Dual-Star indicates that the shrink is not needed?
I used them through the winter and they were really nice. I don't think either grip got warmer than the other.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Raider, where'd you pick up those elements and how much $$. Also, do they come with instructions? Im getting my 07 next week and before i ride it i have grips coming and im thinking i should just add these heaters before putting new grips on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts