Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Ducati.

I went up to BMW Roseville to pick up a piece to my K1200LT and I saw the Ducati under the tent, I am thinking about going on a test drive but would like some feedback.

Rick

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Awesome bikes, but the clutch rattle bothers me. And I can't afford a Ducati hat, let alone a bike. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LJ,

Do you mean its a dry clutch?

I did not hear it running and if thats the case I do not like that noise either.

Awesome bikes, but the clutch rattle bothers me. And I can't afford a Ducati hat, let alone a bike. :)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
LJ,

Do you mean its a dry clutch?

I did not hear it running and if thats the case I do not like that noise either.
Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Diavel has an oil clutch, it is not dry like the 1098/1198 bikes. So no Ducati rattle.

This is not an ordinary cruiser, it out accelerates a 1098 and from what I have heard it is OK in the corners, but then it should be for that price. This is not a HD.

If you need to ask about Italian thourghbred machines, yes they look great, go like stink and are expensive to own. I would not give up mine without a fight. For not much more you could have a 1199 next year :animal0009:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Allright, you've convinced me. I'll take it. I must admit it caught my eye in Cycle World. :character00271:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Allright, you've convinced me. I'll take it. I must admit it caught my eye in Cycle World. :character00271:
When I saw the Diavel for the first time, my initial reaction was WTF are Ducati thinking going after the HD crowd. They might be trying to target older Duc riders however the vast majority of owners I have met have typically been around 30ish with very little riding experience. Over the last few months it was starting to grow on me, goes quick, great brakes and is NOT an HD. That was up until I just heard they have a "Cromo" model for 2012, might as well put tassles on it and start selling Dianese chaps.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
When I saw the Diavel for the first time, my initial reaction was WTF are Ducati thinking going after the HD crowd. They might be trying to target older Duc riders however the vast majority of owners I have met have typically been around 30ish with very little riding experience. Over the last few months it was starting to grow on me, goes quick, great brakes and is NOT an HD. That was up until I just heard they have a "Cromo" model for 2012, might as well put tassles on it and start selling Dianese chaps.
LOL. Yeah, in all honesty, I could never feel right on a bike like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alot of good points, I didn't know what to think when I first looked at it!

I just know I want to ride it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ride it and you WILL buy it. Ride a 1098/1198 and you won't stop laughing for months, I have had mine for 3 years and I still smile everytime when I see it in the garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts