Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been practicing the old "Bicycle Mount" move for the past week. Twice a day, once on the way to work in the driveway and once on the way home from the office parking lot. I've been pretty successful. I want to look like one of those cool youtubers who ride off at the end of the set. Besides, that's how I used to do it when I was 18.

The office parking lot is challenging because there is an immediate right turn exiting to the street after exiting the spot I park in and a pole in the middle of the exit that used to be a gate with a card swipe.

Long story short I dropped the bike right in front of one of my coworkers who was happy to help me pick it up. I guess I need to practice more in a not so sketchy spot or drop the practice all together.

Thank you for allowing me to confess my bad judgement. I'm 64 but I still think I'm 18. Lucky for me I don't think this bike is capable of spinning doughnuts.

Anyone else have a confession?

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange KLR650
26 Posts
Does walking away from a running bike without deploying the sidestand count? I'm still amazed all these years later at how much time elapsed between when I walked away and heard the thud. Luckily for the bike I was on grass and the only damage was to my pride.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Now that you've got that first drop in front of others out of the way the next one won't be so bad, right? 🤣👍

Reactions: norCalRyder

·
Administrator
4,430 Posts
I dropped my Goldwing in front of the guy I bought it from and my wife was on the back. I wasn’t trying to do anything stupid, it just happened. No damage, super embarrassed and thankfully he helped me pick it up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: KBear and pdwestman

·
Premium Member
11,089 Posts
I dropped my Goldwing in front of the guy I bought it from and my wife was on the back. I wasn’t trying to do anything stupid, it just happened. No damage, super embarrassed and thankfully he helped me pick it up.
Been there, seen that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
bicycle mount move?? I have push started (cant remember why) - put in 2nd, key on, kickstand up get pushing / running aside bike , quickly put left foot on peg, jump on hard so my butt drives all the traction onto rear and simultaneously drop the clutch. In second it should turn the bike over and often start the bike. (dont try this in first gear)

Now Norcalryder, are you starting the bike first, the just pushing forward and jumping on the running bike?? l6

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, starting the bike first. Not hard when you have a straight path. A little tricky when you have to make an immediate right to avoid hitting a pole lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts