Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up 2 rears, 1 front OEM tires for a grand total of $129.00
Was somewhat happy with the Kenda 761 but wanted just a little more off road without going full knobby like a K270..

I am a 80/20 rider... Notice road noise not bad with the K750.

For those of you that have run these, what can I expect on and off road?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
I get along fine with them. I've been known to finish wearing out other riders early take-offs, front or rear.

When my bike was new, I got 4500 miles out of the OEM rear, til near bald in the center line. That was back in April of 1988. The last 1500 miles was Wendover, UT to Monterey Bay, CA and back, all on pavement. Not near enough corners!
I think I remember getting over 9000 out of the front. I do think the rubber compound is different now, probably get less mileage.

One word of caution, the beads on the rear tire are a loose fit on the rim and the sidewalls are fairly soft. If it goes flat at speed, it gets loose immediately.

Reactions: gruet782

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One word of caution, the beads on the rear tire are a loose fit on the rim and the sidewalls are fairly soft. If it goes flat at speed, it gets loose immediately.
Good to know... thank you!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I run those. I got 4700 out of the rear and the center was definitely shot. I was actually gonna push for more but took a nail in it. I changed the front at 5500mi as it was cupped from running 21 psi. It had plenty of tread left but sections on the side were cupped to the wear bar in places. I find they grip great on road. As for offroad, they get the job done here in Florida, as its all sand. But, I'm always tempted to switch to a 606 or t63 to get a lil more confidence on the sand. They seem stable on sand at 35 mph but really iffy below that. This is my first dual sport so this bike and that tire is all I have to go by. You got a great deal on those tires. I never thought of trying the dealer. I paid 184 for front and rear with factory tubes from Amazon if I remember.

·
Lifetime Member
2,486 Posts
I liked them on my 08! Never did any hard off road with them, but really liked the ride and handling. I was going to put another set on, but they were $$$ here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's, sounds like these may be the tire for me... :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts