Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the dynojet kit for a 2008 KLR650? I am thinking of using it because of past performance. Any suggestions or testimonies? Thanks :16a:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Have you installed an aftermarket muffler?, Air Cleaner?, Made some mods to the air box? If not you would probably be better served doing the 22 cent smile maker. That is installing 2 #4 stainless washers under your Main Jet Needle. Then of course pop out the plug for the Idle mixture screw and open it up from soft seat to about two turns out. I have heard this make a very nice and noticeable improvement in throttle response and some midrange power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a K&N air filter and will be installing a spark plug. I am not sure that I want to change the muffler yet. Thanks for the tip, might try this first!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you installed an aftermarket muffler?, Air Cleaner?, Made some mods to the air box? If not you would probably be better served doing the 22 cent smile maker. That is installing 2 #4 stainless washers under your Main Jet Needle. Then of course pop out the plug for the Idle mixture screw and open it up from soft seat to about two turns out. I have heard this make a very nice and noticeable improvement in throttle response and some midrange power.
I don't suppose you have photos of this process... There seems to be a shortage of '08 manuals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts