Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 model with 31k out here in Rockland Maine, getting ready to help lead a motorcycle tour up the coast on Thursday, I notice my clutch cable feels like it needs a little adjustment so I give the adjuster a twist. The cable then snaps down near the clutch arm on the case!
Screwed am I, because I was too lazy to lay a backup clutch cable on top of the stock standard one. I know better, but that didn’t move me to action.
Fact is, in the woods you can almost get away with having no clutch because you don’t have to stop for stoplights. But not so when shepherding slow street riders from traffic light to traffic light.
No clutch cables to be found at any Kawasaki dealer in Maine. I know, because I called them all. They’d be happy to order them and then ship them to me after they receive them in two or three days = N.G.
Amazon, Motosport & RevZilla also couldn’t ship immediately.
So I call Eagle Mike, diagonally across the country in San Diego. Of course he has one in stock - and he rushes it down to FedEx and it will be here. before. noon. tomorrow. !!!

The KLR community is blessed to have this guy in our world.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Very cool story and it surprises no one here. Mike is a one of a kind super guy.

I found a bad rear caliper yesterday. Called Mike and he said, “I have a half dozen laying around. We’ll find you a good one. Come on down!”

My buddy rode over and picked one up for a very reasonable price. Mike sent me a couple EM stickers, too!

We’re blessed to have him in the KLR community.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rocks is an understatement. I'm new to this forum, but he treated me like a brother. A few weeks ago, I ordered his brake reservoir hex-head screws (not really a money maker for him). But I had not updated my PayPal address and I realized that he would be sending my order to my old address unless I got it fixed quick like. I emailed him and called and left a message. He actually called me back and said my order had not yet been picked up, he pulled it and changed the address. Got it no problem. He also followed up with an email on how best to extract the old stuck/stripped Philips head screws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts