Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about Oct 4th?

Maybe we could get Big Joe and Little Big Joe to come over for the weekend?

I know SFKLR/Jim has some work he needs done on his XR650R. We haven't seen much of him since we put in 74 man hours in one day on his KLR before he left for Alaska.

I'll ping Aztec and 'matercity/attendalltechdaysordie.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just might try and make it. It would be good to see everyone down there. If I do then I would pack very light.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sounds good

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We're going to BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers. $5 donation if it's in your budget..no questions/no pressure. My wife insists on feeding everybody until you pop.:22a:

Valve shims..$6 each like always, helps cover postage from Fred and keeps the supply stocked. I've been letting a senior member or two borrow the shim set for techdays I can't make it to...shoot me a PM if that is ever you.

:16a:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hope to make this. 6k Valves. Do you have, I think it's called, re tap for bolts set?
Peace,
Ricky

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope to make this. 6k Valves. Do you have, I think it's called, re tap for bolts set?
Peace,
Ricky
It'll be great to see you, Ricky!!!

I've got a small tap and die set here at home. Let me know what size you need and I'll borrow a higher quality one from work. Trying to fix a bolt? Or a stripped hole?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got a small tap and die set here at home. Let me know what size you need and I'll borrow a higher quality one from work. Trying to fix a bolt? Or a stripped hole?
Thanks for the Big Up Rob,

Well, stripped threads are on the tank mounts/hole. Thus, I think I would need to go to a 10 mm thread? Any suggestions on where to get good replacements would help as nobody seems to have course threads. Thus, 10 mm course 1.5 pitch, is that what I should get? I also have a stripped hole on the case :mad0235:. I'll be sure to trailer down. You never know what I may break.:50:
Peace,

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the Big Up Rob,

Well, stripped threads are on the tank mounts/hole. Thus, I think I would need to go to a 10 mm thread? Any suggestions on where to get good replacements would help as nobody seems to have course threads. Thus, 10 mm course 1.5 pitch, is that what I should get? I also have a stripped hole on the case :mad0235:. I'll be sure to trailer down. You never know what I may break.:50:
Peace,

On the case we'll need to helicoil it. Go down to Napa Auto Parts and get a kit for that size, it will come with a drill bit, an oversize tap and the coil to fix the threads. On the tank mounts..isn't that a well nut pressed into the metal? I don't have an example here to look at anymore. We'll just have to see what to do on that when you get here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Right, Tank bolts have the bolt pressed on..

1 - 20 of 96 Posts