Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealership is letting us use there lot March 22nd. There will OEM parts and accessories from Kawasaki, Happy Trails and other's in stock and ready to go.

Now's the time to do those mods and routine maintenance you've been putting off. Do the doohikey, valves, riser link, lowering link, oil change, crash bars.

Let me know what you need and it will be there. Or bring your own stuff and work on your bike with the help of other's.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Darn! That's the only weekend between now and the Northern AZ ride that I will be out of the state! I guess I'm going to break down and pay Ride Now to adjust my valves.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have to pay someone the guys a Arizona Kawasaki Victory have a great service department. I would trust them to do a good job.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The day starts at 9:00 am to 2:00 pm in Apache Junction at the Kawasaki dealer. Bring your parts, tools, tires, or just your bike. There will be tools on hand, but it would be good to bring what ever you have to get as many things completed as we can.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The day starts at 9:00 am to 2:00 pm in Apache Junction at the Kawasaki dealer. Bring your parts, tools, tires, or just your bike. There will be tools on hand, but it would be good to bring what ever you have to get as many things completed as we can.
In addition to the parts on sale by Apache Junction Kawasaki. There will be an off road lighting display with high out out LEDs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will there be anyone at this tech days who know how to do the doohickey that could show me how ? And if so will the kit be there at the Dealer to buy? Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will there be anyone at this tech days who know how to do the doohickey that could show me how ? And if so will the kit be there at the Dealer to buy? Thanks
Yes, I have done 3. Valve adjustment, KLX needles, MC mod and Doo Hicheys are the big sellers at tech days..lol I'm sure there will be other's to help with jobs like that as well. The Kawasaki dealer will have Doo Hickeys, KLX needles, heated hand grips, valve shims Bike Master mirrors and more. If there is something anyone may need let me know, or Apache Junction Kawasaki Victory. Matt in parts will be sure to have it in stock at a discount for tech day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time is getting short, order your part for tech day March 22nd. Stop by Apache Junction Kawasaki Victory at 1015 W Apache Trail and see Matt. Order your Doo Hickey for tech day. 480 982 3363

Tell him Ken sent you. :mexican wave:

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Make sure you take and post pictures of this event. Sounds like it would be fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
check this out... i just posted this on ADV, crazy...

so i'm hearing that there is going to be coffee and donuts in the AM as well as a radio station at this thing? Seriously??

I also hear there will be almost all of the eagle mike stuff available, klx needle kits, doos, and anything else that kilowatt can come up with that they can get here by friday. Evidently this dealership is taking a heavy hand in this thing.

This is pretty damn cool.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, just got off the phone with Apache Junction Kawasaki. There's going to be a radio station there for the tech day and coffee and doughnuts. There will also be 2014 KLR's on sale for those who wont to do a big up grade.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, tech day is almost here. It's to late to have anything ordered for Saturday. But anything ordered that day is discounted. They are going to have 2014 KLRs on sale as well for the ultimate farkle. Coffee and doughnuts in the morning to start the day off.

·
Registered
489 Posts
NI'd love to come down the hill for this but the rear half of the bike is torn off right now and won't be back together in time.:( I really need to run my valves

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone who is going Saturday have the needed tools to do a doohickey I don't have the 2 tools needed and would love to barrow them while there to do the job on my bike Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone who is going Saturday have the needed tools to do a doohickey I don't have the 2 tools needed and would love to barrow them while there to do the job on my bike Thanks
Yes I do, and I think one more person. We got you covered.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Chino, I have them, found both the wrench and the puller. Would love to lone them to you for this tech day. Won't be going, but maybe you can pick them up?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool, that makes three. If you have never been to a tech day, they are a lot fun, great way to meet other KLR owners and learn about your bike.

There is some great riding out this way. If we have some off road expert, or above average riders who would like to hone the skills of other's. There's a great place close by with a variety of obstacle.

Make sure to bring cameras. Be the star of your own KLR how to video...lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tech day is over and we got 2 Doo Hickeys, 3 valve adjustments and 3 MC mods done. The LED light demo was cool. Thanks to Johnny (Yuma) for setting it up.

A big thanks to Kelly's Kawasaki for free coffee doughnuts, pizza and soda. Anyone who did a valve adjustment. Got it done for free with the shim trade in at the parts department. They took your old shims and gave you what you needed at no charge. How cool is that.

Thanks to everyone who helped, Great day. :mexican wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts