Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope everyone had a good Easter!

Joe and I went to my cousin Peter's house to spend Easter with him and my Auntie D and Uncle Leigh. Both Peter and my Uncle ride...Harleys, but we won't hold that against them right?

This is a trip report of sorts...we didn't take the bike but I'm writing about it anyway and packing it full of pictures. This places needs some livening up so if you have pics and a few minutes...post up your day after mine. We are all nosey and wanna see. Thanks! Luv, Swish

Just rolled out of bed and look who knocked on the door. Rob was on his way back from the ride to Mt. Tam to watch the sunrise. Joe and Rob raced Baja........

...on the Wii!

Before we left for Peter's house, Joe made bread

I made praline sweet potatoes

We both made a cake

We saved you a piece

On the way to my cousin's house in Pinole, we stopped at a roadside flower pedal stand and picked some flowers for Auntie D...

We gladly paid the woman $20 for this beautiful bunch! She said she parks in this remote spot all the time...she has a trailer there and said that her job is the best therapy she ever had! I should have told her about the KLR but we were in a hurry!

This is my cousin Peter reading directions on how to make the gravy!

My cousin likes his toys!

After chow time

We were stuffed like a turkey!

Stand up and take a break from the table

Uncle Leigh is going to be 88 on Thursday....Happy Birthday Uncle Leigh!

:60:All in all we had a good day. So, tell me about your day.......

·
Registered
507 Posts
I broke from tradition and baked a chicken with a seasoned rub under the skin, yum. peeled and mashed some spuds and added a Normandy blend of mixed veggies to fill the plates. We passed on deserts because we don't ride Harley's and we don't want to overload our 650's.

It was a quite day with a couple guests and a snow storm to close it out. It has been a long winter.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I broke from tradition and baked a chicken with a seasoned rub under the skin, yum. peeled and mashed some spuds and added a Normandy blend of mixed veggies to fill the plates. We passed on deserts because we don't ride Harley's and we don't want to overload our 650's.

It was a quite day with a couple guests and a snow storm to close it out. It has been a long winter.

Your meal sounds wonderful! Got pics?

Oh and...

did you just call us fat?:57:

:39:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Easter!!!

What? Put pictures of my beautiful daughter and her gorgeous mom up? Well...OK, since you asked. ;)

Let's start Saturday as we did not take too many pics yesterday.
Went :character0053:

Frankie wasn't too impressed. She likes fake keys:

Now for Easter!

Frankie and Grandma telling secrets:

Ate too much candy, Frankie, pass Daddy the TUMS. :9:

It's Spring and the big bass are biting again. Oh yeah, Easter was nice. :cool0012:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Dan,

The fish is bigger than your daughter!!! Your girl is beautiful!

You thought I was going to say the fish was beautiful didn't you?

Ard

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lockjaw...
Those are GREAT pics! What a beautiful family you have and what a beautiful bass!!!

There's no doubt that your little girl belongs to both of you. She's a cutie!

PS...You need to smile with all of those blessings!:39::49:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Swish,

Of course not, I mean I don't have pictures. Oops, I mean no, I just meant that its been a long winter here and we typically don't lose weight over the winter.

Ard

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Thanks Ard and Swish. She is a beauty. She takes after her mom. ;)

The fish took after me...kind of rugged and...never mind. :)

People have been telling me to smile in pics my whole life. My non-natural smile makes me look like a psychopath. I've always been jealous of people who can just smile and be done with it. Every once in a while a natural one sneaks past the smile censors.

PS - the funniest thing about the bass pic...I showed my family and they were all like, "oh, you scared her with the big fish". She never even saw the bass. She was looking at the water...for the NEXT bass. ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey,

What's wrong with looking like a psychopath? Great baby pics dude.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Good point, looking like a psychopath can be useful in certain situations. ;)

Thanks man.

·
Registered
507 Posts
To semi quote Hunter Thompson, 'Although I can't recommend it for everyone, its always worked for me'

Or is that a paraphrase?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I think HST would be cool with either...or would have been. RIP.

Yo, are Ard, Swish and I the only ones who celebrate easter? ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Easter??

Where have you been man? Since the Godless Democrats have taken over the country no one celebrates Easter. They were all busy buying & burying guns and ammo. Ha Ha. Most red states have Sunday sales.

Just joking, so all of you guys can put down the torches and pitchforks.......

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Damn, I just set my pitchfork on fire!

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sounds good to me but the chicken was really good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts