Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to dual sport riding so I need to know where the trails and unpaved roads are. Being new to this I'm not looking for the difficult stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
William,
Just about any graveled road will do for "getting off the beaten path," and many of them in your part of the state can be quite fun. As for real trails and such, the DNR has several "off highway vehicle" (OHV) parks that are dedicated solely to motorcycles and ATVs. There is a really nice one near Crossroads Center in Waterloo called Riverview Park. I believe there is also one at Marshalltown, and several others around the state. They offer everything from beginner to expert trails, and they're free. But remember that the KLR 650 is a HUGE bike for throwing around dirt trails, and with its tall first gear, you're going to want to ease in to the experience. You'll understand when you get there and see everyone else riding 250s and such. But don't let me scare you. It's great fun. So what part of Eastern Iowa are you in? Maybe we can get together for a ride.
Big Ray in North Iowa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts