Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else bought these?
I installed mine today and they seem strong enough to hold my weight even while offroad. They're higher than the stock ones and shifting is kinda hard.But Ill adjust that.
I think for $20 they do the trick very well. Look them up. Chinese made but what isnt?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got some off amazon that are probably the exact same as you have. My assessment is the same as yours, a touch closer to the shifter but I got used to it.

Went to Ace and picked up 2 spring style hose clamps and small hitch pins to install em.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I bought 3 prs for different bikes. They work great. Stopped by the local MC shop and looked through spare parts and got some springs that work for them. I think they are off an R6.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Mine have been great and I've stood on em a LOT. If you buy the "1 extended shifter, you're problem will be gone. Plus, everyone I know who has the +1(including me) has noticed the bike shifts way smoother. Especially into 2nd. Physics or something. Tom could probably explain it. I can't.

:ashamed0005:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the Top Gun extended shifter. I hope my 14s fit a little better.
I like the TopGun guys,Theyre straight shooters with good quality and their heavy spring is the best thing Ive done to barbie.I hope the shifter is as good.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I just ordered the Top Gun extended shifter. I hope my 14s fit a little better.
I like the TopGun guys,Theyre straight shooters with good quality and their heavy spring is the best thing Ive done to barbie.I hope the shifter is as good.
I think you'll be pleased. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just installed my Peg lowering brackets. I cannot believe how much difference an inch down and an inch back makes.
I can stand so much better and my big feet fit a lot better too. I can even lock the rear wheel now.
Anyone with big feet or long legs really need these. dont forget the loctite!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Has anyone else bought these?
I installed mine today and they seem strong enough to hold my weight even while offroad. They're higher than the stock ones and shifting is kinda hard.But Ill adjust that.
I think for $20 they do the trick very well. Look them up. Chinese made but what isnt?
I ordered a set once, and they didn't fit, of all things. Seller swore it was the right part, but it didn't look like it did in the photo. They sent a shipping label for a return, and I got my money back NP, but now I'm all nervous about ordering them.

Here's another set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-XR-50-70-80-100-Kawasaki-KLR-650-Black-Foot-Pegs-/160908181966?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2576e001ce&vxp=mtr

Maybe I'll pull the trigger. Wet season's coming...

·
Registered
376 Posts
i ordered a set of those 15$ ebay cast pegs. ill update when they get here to let everyone know quality and such
I just got mine today. They look like they'll fit, but I haven't put them on yet. Cast steel, ebay says. I have no idea how to test the quality, so I hope they handle a bike falling on them. :)

They look exactly like they did in the ebay photo.

Does anyone ever carry a spare footpeg? Or can the rears be swapped to the front in an emergency?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i believe the rears can be swapped but they dont have the c-clip like the fronts do they have a tiny keeper pin, not sure if that makes a diference

·
Registered
376 Posts
I haven't ridden with them yet, but test-shifting with the boot on seemed OK.

Unlike the previous set I ordered, these actually fit, which was a good starting point.

On the left, paint and burrs prevented the pin from going through. I'm sure the proper file would have fixed it, but I didn't have one, so I attacked it with the next smallest drill bit. After a tiny amount of drilling, the pin went through fine.

The pegs don't fold completely upright, presumably by design to protect stuff?

Pictures below.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
got mine today also had to do some light drilling to get the bolts through no big deal. is there anything to put on them like a spring to keep them in the down position?

·
Registered
376 Posts
got mine today also had to do some light drilling to get the bolts through no big deal. is there anything to put on them like a spring to keep them in the down position?
Mine didn't ship with springs, but I see a little hole in the side of the peg that looks like it could take one.

But mine are also loose enough they just fall back down under gravity.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yeah mine do as well, but they also pop up whenever i shift my foot around. would rather them stay down. ill think about it for a while and see what i come up with

·
Registered
376 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts