Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...

After painting my bike this weekend, I now am suffering from gremlins. I now do not have headlight, tail light, or plate light. But I do have break light. What am I missing? I have checked all connections and everything seems in order????

Mark B (4)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You blew the fuse. Its the one of the two fuses in the holder next to the battery.
Musta left it between High and Low beam for a few seconds??
Something to kick around is going to a headlight wire kit that'll eliminate that from happening again, and also give you full voltage to your headlight.. Makes it MUCH brighter, since it's got large wires and gives juice directly from the battery..

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/H4_Kits/h4_kits.html

$45 plus shipping.. Money well spent.. Didn't take long to install, either.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Musta left it between High and Low beam for a few seconds??
Something to kick around is going to a headlight wire kit that'll eliminate that from happening again, and also give you full voltage to your headlight.. Makes it MUCH brighter, since it's got large wires and gives juice directly from the battery..

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/H4_Kits/h4_kits.html

$45 plus shipping.. Money well spent.. Didn't take long to install, either.
Oh another farkel for me to add to my list! WOOT!

Does this work on a gen2? Sorry, I cant remember which gen you have paper.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yeah, it works on all generations.. Excellent product.. The guy is a friend of a friend.. He's originally from Canada and moved to Japan years ago.. (hence- Eastern Beaver)

I was always wishing for more headlight and I found out that the stock KLR wiring sucks all the juice before it gets to the headlight. This relay system send juice straight from the battery to the light(s), rather than through small wires and through the headlight switch.

I have a Gen one, which only requires the single outlet, but I know he makes the one for dual headlights, too.

It made a huge difference in lighting on my 2002 KLR..

Gen 007, actually...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts