Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Emgo filters work fine. Lots of folks use them. I buy them 6 at a time to save a little on shipping.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've used Emgo for ever. However I just learned that Amsoil has finally developed an oil filter for the KLR so I'll be switching over.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use them and they fit perfectly. Not to take away from the other great vendors we have but www.bikebandit.com sells them for $1.98 each. At that price you can stock up on them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been using them since my first change at 100 miles, 3 weeks ago (just changed oil again tonight at 3,200 ).:shock:

Seem to be doing a great job, have found nothing but a *tiny* bit of fuzz on the magnetic drain plug.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I change the oil in the KLR about every 1500 miles, and have used emgo for the last 27,000 miles.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What's the name of that little dual sport shop in Moab Utah?
I'm seem to recall they had a pretty darn good deal on the Emgo filters by the case.

I'm guessing nothing's really changed over the years and that these same filters would work fine in my '08 as well.

-T

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
YIKES! Arrowhead wants $3.45 for each filter. That does't sould like much of a deal..... Even if you buy a case of ten, they're still $3.00 each.

I thought they offered a better deal than that.

-T

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I use them and they fit perfectly. Not to take away from the other great vendors we have but www.bikebandit.com sells them for $1.98 each. At that price you can stock up on them.
AND they give you a discount if you're an AMA member..:16a:
I buy a couple dozen at a time and sell em' to my buddies at $2 each, or trade them for beer..:11a:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bike Bandit,emgo filters best price,quick service.I use them for most OEM parts also.And lookup parts diagrams occasionaly and compare differant year model part #'s etc. Good company to deal with. Several guys wrench at my house and I keep a dozen or so on hand.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I assume that because the engine hasn't changed at all in the past twenty years, the 2003 Emgo filter for the KLR650 will work just fine in my 2008 KLR, yes?

-T

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
So what you're saying is, they're all the same and it doesn't matter which one I get.

-T
Kawi uses this same cartridge filter for just about everything. I remember this filter on a 220 Bayou four wheeler that I worked on almost 15 years ago.

1987 KLR650 will be the same filter as the 2007. As far as the 2008, I'd call the dealer to verify that it's the same filter as before. I'm guessing it's the same, but it IS a new engine design (sorta) so you'd be better off. I've never looked at the engine on a 2008, so I can't personally say for sure.

Anyone else??

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's the same case (hell, it's the same bike under the plastic), they just ported the head a little differently. I went ahead and orderd five of the filters. If they look totally different when I pull the old one I'll deal with it then.

Thanks again for the tip.

-T

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Remember to remove the tube and use it in the new filter!! I know you've changed oil in the older models, but the newwer riders always need to be reminded.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts