Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad0235:
I brought my 08 in to the dealer’s shop for recall work yesterday (muffler bolts, signal lights, something with the wiring).

Driving home (about 20 miles) the thermostat gage never moved. Stayed on the C the whole ride. Outside temp was about 65. I’ve driven it on much cooler days and within a couple of miles it always warmed up.

First, what could they have done to the bike?

Second, besides it running very ruff at the stop lights, is there anything I need to be concerned about? Could it cause any damage? I need to get it back to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Sammy

Temp gage they may have pulled the temp wire lose from sending unit if you can reach up under your tank on right side feal for your spark plug the sending unit is right behind it feal if wire is unpluged. runing rough dose it feal like it is chocked you cancheck your choke cable on the left side of carb top front the cable has an elbow in it right befor it gos into carb check to see if it has been pulled out of carb the cable runs up the left side of the back bone and it is posible they pulled it out puting the tank back on from checking wiring harness. eather way i would let them know about it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That was good Maprimm, you covered that better than I could.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sammy

Temp gage they may have pulled the temp wire lose from sending unit if you can reach up under your tank on right side feal for your spark plug the sending unit is right behind it feal if wire is unpluged. runing rough dose it feal like it is chocked you cancheck your choke cable on the left side of carb top front the cable has an elbow in it right befor it gos into carb check to see if it has been pulled out of carb the cable runs up the left side of the back bone and it is posible they pulled it out puting the tank back on from checking wiring harness. eather way i would let them know about it.
Thanks!
I did call them and the mechanic suggested he may have missed that wire. If I can’t reach it, I can bring it back. It doesn’t sound like this would cause it to idle rough? Maybe be they adjusted my idle? Or maybe it’s all in my head because the temp gage stayed on cold!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
no problem do check you choke cable i would say it is not your imagination

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:50:
Well,, I brought my bike back to the dealers. They took the front peaces apart (AGAIN) and reconnected the thermostat. Tried to give it back and I noticed a bolt missing from the rack (must have been from the first visit for the muffler bolts or signals). I hate needing to check their work!

Still runs ruff at idle. If I adjust the idle it helps. Anyone any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Sammy did you check your chock cable at the carb top left make shure it is not pulled out of the rubber gromet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sammy did you check your chock cable at the carb top left make shure it is not pulled out of the rubber gromet.
I checked the cable as far as it moves freely and works. I didn’t check the end at the carb. I kinda was thinking as long as the idle was changing as I worked the chock, all was good. I’ll check the carb end also.

Thanks,

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sammy,

It sounds like it is time for you to buy a Clymer manual and start tinkering.

Ard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts