Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the Forum (Hi Ya'll!)... I have a "pig's ear" 1988 KLR 650 A2 and I need to replace the engine... I understand that any A-series (87-07) will swap in... am I correct?... and/or do ya'll have any advice or words of wisdom... Thanx in advance, Larry

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
'ello there elfdowney, welcome to the forum. Hope the bike gets zoomin' again soon. What has happened that makes you need to replace the entire engine?

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

'87 year model engine and up to current production year will be a bolt in interchange with your engine.

And with some money and a machine shop, so should a 650 ninja engine....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: Engine replacement

Thanx ya'll.... that's what I needed to know... now, to find an engine!... eBay has three listed, one from Pinwall Cycle Parts out of Ohio... I've dealt with them before when I had a 900 Virago... I'll be quiet now and go back to lurking... Thanx again, Larry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE: Engine replacement

Well, I found an engine at Steve's Cycle (a VERY LARGE boneyard in Tifton, GA)... a 2002 with low mileage... engine's in the bike, now have to relace the tank... have an IMS on order... that with the Corbin deep dish seat and SuperTrapp exhaust (great eBay finds) plus a flat black bedliner paint job and a s***load of odd's and end's, it's getting closer to being on the road again...will keep you posted... Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts