Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone have a vacuum line diagram for 2nd gens? I'm just curious what exactly the two lines going into the top/rear of the fuel tank are and what they do. I see color coding dots on both lines and am curious what would happen if they got crossed. I need to buy a Haynes manual but just can't bring myself to pay the $60 bucks for one. Thanks!

·
Registered
'08 KLR
319 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Does your bike still have the California Evaporative Emissions System on it?
The Blue nipple is fuel cap vent.

I didn't know Haynes had a KLR manual. Haven't seen Haynes manuals in any of my distributor catalogs for a few years.
A Clymer repair manual is about $40.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't think-I did mean Clymer manual but Haynes popped into my head for some reason.
Is the fuel vapor catch cannister the rectangular doodad on the left side under the seat? As far as I know it probably does still have insane California emissions on it. If so, time for deletion.
Thanks for the leads on manuals. I'll happily pay for tires, oil and filter but for some reason when the rubber hits the road I balk on buying the thing...one has all the answers they need right on this here forum but IMHO nothing beats having it on old paper instead of trying to google with oily hands and a phone that always seems to take forever to load at the very wrong time.
Woo-hoo! After two record breaking days of abominable heat in a row here in Missouri we've finally dropped down to the mid 60's. Upper 90's breaking 100 with heat index....time to enjoy and ride now since proper fall weather had finally arrived versus riding in what felt like a blast furnace that sucks the water right out of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts