Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just though I'd let everyone know that Kawasaki is supposed to be posting their entire 2011 product line today 10/5/10.

I noticed this earlier on their main website, and I cant help but to be curious if/what the color scheme is going to be for the 2011 KLR.

http://www.kawasaki.com/home/home.aspx
:35a:

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Pink and Purple

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Everything you ever wanted to know about the 2011 KLR 650 but were afraid to ask*:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Product-Specifications.aspx?scid=14&id=502

MSRP $6149.00

Color choices: Metallic Flat Raw Graystone / Ebony, Candy Plasma Blue / Galaxy Silver, Candy Burnt Orange / Galaxy Silver

*Oil consumption amounts undetermined at this time. Stay tuned for amplified reports if history repeats itself.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
What no Ducati Multistrada/BMW800/Tiger800/etc. clone for $7500? I'm so disappointed!

Why don't they stick that Versys motor in the KLR frame? OK it would need good suspension and brakes, and uh a new frame maybe and a bunch of other stuff but come on Big K! Sheesh...

:character0053:

·
Registered
327 Posts
What no Ducati Multistrada/BMW800/Tiger800/etc. clone for $7500? I'm so disappointed!

Why don't they stick that Versys motor in the KLR frame? OK it would need good suspension and brakes, and uh a new frame maybe and a bunch of other stuff but come on Big K! Sheesh...

:character0053:
Basically, Kawi does not care at all about what we think! Beers in hand they made it clear they have no interest in what our issues are or what we really even want. It piss' me off when companies don't even take time to understand the market and feel they know best. They flat out are not listening.

As for the '11s the grey one is kind of cool, the cowling and tank have a texture on them that after a few days playing with it I grew to like. But personally I LOVE my '09 and even the darker '10 red better then the new colors.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am wondering how the dark engine will hold up to scratches and drops. Just another costly issue to deal with on the Gen2s when dropped?

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Basically, Kawi does not care at all about what we think! Beers in hand they made it clear they have no interest in what our issues are or what we really even want. It piss' me off when companies don't even take time to understand the market and feel they know best. They flat out are not listening.

From Kawasaki's point of view why give a crap about the consumers!!?? They sell every KLR they make and that's the bottom line. Stop buying them and then maybe they will listen. I think we will be waiting for a long time for Kawasaki to build a GS equivalent. Personally I like mine the way it is.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
New colors suck, glad I have the green one!(08)
I don't mind the orange color. They had that on the Versys back on 07 I believe.

·
Registered
327 Posts
From Kawasaki's point of view why give a crap about the consumers!!?? They sell every KLR they make and that's the bottom line. Stop buying them and then maybe they will listen. I think we will be waiting for a long time for Kawasaki to build a GS equivalent. Personally I like mine the way it is.
If I want a GS I will buy a GS. Wait, I do want a GS! Doh! Oh well, every time I ride mine I fall more and more in love with her! :28:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
If I want a GS I will buy a GS. Wait, I do want a GS! Doh! Oh well, every time I ride mine I fall more and more in love with her! :28:

I want a F800GS too, but I don't want the almost $13,000 (before taxes, prep, etc) cost of one.

And then there's the extras.. Saddlebags, tankbag, etc. :(

I guess I'll have to keep riding the old Gen 1 KLR until Santa Clause brings me a nice BMW..

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't mind the orange color. They had that on the Versys back on 07 I believe.

That is a nice color, but I think I prefer my '09 with the "severely-scratched-and-rubbed-damn-near-flat black" paint scheme.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have to think that if Kawi came up with a GS equivalent KLR then they would have to rise the $$$ even more... In that sense, you should just buy the GS.

We could view this as a way to thank Kawi for the lower price so we have extra money for Farkles an Beer!! Maybe they do listen???

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think the price is up on the 2011 to get the 09 and 10 off the showroom floor. Kawasaki should keep the KLR the way it is and start a new line to go up against the GS they can do it. They knocked the ball out of the park with the Concourse.. Orange the new Red for 11 Still love my old dusty red 09

·
Registered
49 Posts
The new colors are not very appealing especially at that price.I am glad I bout my 09 ,I had a blue 2008 that was better looking than the 2011.

Instead of them changing the colors I would like to see fuel injected or diesel.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Better buy one quick if you want one, Kawasaki is only gong to make 4,000 of the 2011s according to this thead on KLR650.net

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the looks of my blue '09 much better than the the '11. The '09 has tank colored fenders and metal colored engine which looks better than the black fenders and engine of the '11. I also like the '09 graphics with black better than the '11 with silver. That orange one is pretty cool, though. But, as far as looks, I'm glad I got the '09.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts