Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary to add any additives to the fuel to our KLRs do to the 10% ethanol in our gas? Over the winter I used an additive for snowmobiles and snowblower. The additive is said to do the following:

Reduces all emissions
Prevents fuel oxidation and stabilizes fuel chemistry for at least 1 year
Lowers fuel system maintenance
Eliminates carbon build-up in fuel delivery system and on exhaust components (I do have exhaust valves on my sled).
Increases fuel economy, especially in older engines. Instantly cures fuel jelling caused by cold weather and E10---alcohol fuels.

To be honest I didn’t sense a deferens in the snowmobile but did in the snowblower. Eliminated spitted & sputtering.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
I've heard it said that ethanol isn't the best for carburated engines. Not sure what the owners manual says. It's my understanding that by 2012 all gas in USA will have at least 10% ethanol.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Here in the corn belt, you're hard pressed to find gas that doesn't have 10% alcohol.. Been that way for at least 10 years.. I've never had a problem in any of my bikes, car/truck, snowmobile, chainsaw, lawn mower, etc..

I don't like it, but there's nothing that can be done in this area.. In IL and WI it's bad.. In IA, you can't get away from it at all..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts