Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Jardine Muffler on my 08. The guy I bought the bike from put it on. When I first went two up I noticed that the exhaust pipe made contact with the rear tire. I figured it was due to the lousy stock rear shock spring so I put on a beefier spring. That seemed to make a difference and I didn't think too much more of it.

Over the weekend I went two up again (something I don't do often), mostly cruising on mildly rutted dirt near the Great Salt Lake. Well, I realized the rear wheel is making contact again with the exhaust pipe. So I have been playing with some ideas and here is where I need some advice.

Should I go back to a stock exhaust and muffler? Have folks had issues like mine with running the stock parts? I wouldn't mind having a slightly quieter bike...

Or can/should I shim the Jardine system enough to push it out of the way?

Any experience or advice here would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Hi colemans11!

Lots of guys just space the muffler out farther to get more tire clearance. It may have been bent inward from some earlier impact such as a minor laydown and needs to be bent outwards again. Watch that you don't go so far out that the plastic side panel melts!
Regards....justjeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts