Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 KLR with a White Brothers E2 exhaust. Lately I've been doing a bit of stealth riding, and some other riders say my bike is really loud. Found one thread showing the install of the E2, but no follow ups on repacking. Has anyone repacked a White Brothers E2. It's too nice to take off because of the noise. After a lot of Googling I'm still nowhere.:character00109:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E2 repacked

Found some stainless steel wool on Ebay and repacked this last weekend. Much better, quieter and less "popping" when decelerating. The back pressure must be back where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Was the EBay Stainless packing of good quality? Where looking at doing my buddies Jardine this winter. It's getting LOUDer more so than Jardines are to begin with LOL..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Repack no good

Usually have pretty good luck on Ebay, but the stainless wool sold by "CDAFS112" in Hamilton Ohio is crap.
Ordered 3 rolls for repacking my White Bros E2 and took it apart today to check up. All the wool is rusted badly & falling apart. The leftover peices are VERY magnetic. Avoid this guy's supposed stainless.
Only 1700 miles on the repack.
Next try will be rock wool at the local Kawi dealership.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
The exhaust popping is another issue. Either you have an exhaust gasket that is not sealed properly or you carburetor has not been adjusted correctly.

If it is the exhaust gasket...
... remove the muffler & header pipe.
... glue the flat side of the exhaust gasket to the header pipe.
... install the header pipe by snugging the cap bolts evenly in small increments.
... install the muffler after the header pipe is installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts