Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the trees are really starting to change colors with all the cool nights we have been having. All these pics are taken between our shop and the marina while pulling out boats for winter storage. This pic is of one of my favorites. It has been here for as long as I can remember.......

Dropping down into the marina. I wish it would have turned out brighter. The tree is a bright yellow....

That is the same tree looking back up from the docks....

The guy that owns this boat had a starter bolt break off in the block and didn't fix it, well, he went to start it today and the other one broke off and the starter is now sitting in the bilge. So, for $100, we towed him around and loaded him out. It will be about $1K in the spring to fix. Boat are expensive!!!

More to come......

·
Registered
990 Posts
Re: Fal colors in the PNW

KLRGunn said:
Well, the trees are really starting to change colors with all the cool nights we have been having. All these pics are takening between our shop and the marina while pulling out boats for winter storage. This pic is of one of my favorites. It has been here for as long as I can remember.......

More to come......
sumac is the first to change in the pnw. when you see it change you know winter is coming.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice guys, and thanks LB for pointing out what kind of tree that was, I have always wondered, but never asked. If anybody else has some fall pics, PNW or not, feel free to add them here...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lake shot......

On the tractor, headed for the shop.......

Just to the left of the tow dolly, you can see a deer looking back at me. I need a new camera.........

Looking back, I should have charged this guy more.... :lol:

The end.........................

·
Registered
603 Posts
great photos,reminds me of Nortern pa just below gunnys stompin grounds,thanks for sharing

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good thread, I just posted these at advrider because I saw Jud post a pic there. Taken today, nothing spectacular, but these three pictures were taken within two miles of the homestead.

That's Lake Michigan in the background in case you didn't know.

If you study this photo closely, you'll see a lighthouse.. Couldn't get the picture right to capture a fall tree and the Lighthouse.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow guys, great pics. I need to get out some night after work and take some more. You guys are showing me up :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Nice pics, we have another week and a half to two weeks before they peak out here.

I am really NOT ready for summer to be over, the cold weather that follows the color changes causes my bones to ache.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me either, but it does mean I have the next 5 months off :D I can't wait for my sons wrestling to start, that always gets me fired up. You will be seeing a lot of threads about his victories this winter :twisted:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dunno, I moved up to the Northwest from Texas and Fall is kind of a new thing to me. In Texas, one day the trees have leaves, the next day they don't. Here, its nice watching the color change and all. Admittedly, though, I'm teffied thinking about what cold the winter will bring up here. :)
D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what there saying, its suppose to be another mild winter, time will tell..........

·
Registered
206 Posts
We hit peak color last weekend. My folks were up for one last camping trip of the season and we took advantage of chair lift rides that one of the local ski areas were offering.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts