Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder to all of our friends.Ride safe.With the fall season upon us in many parts of the country,Damp roads and falling leaves,pine needles,and branches make for an accident waiting to happen.This is a favorite time of year for many to hit the back roads.Hope everyone has a nice fall,or should I say season :lol:

Mike and Kay

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I think it is much better to say season in this case.

The word fall applies to too many things referring to gravity.

·
Registered
990 Posts
thanks for the reminder,pine needles are slicker than ice.

i've done that one a time or two...why am i laying in the dirt? oh,pine needles. :shock:

·
Registered
77 Posts
The old saying goes, "Dress for the Fall, not the weather."

BTW, yesterday morning I was looking at 22 F and an inch of snow on the ground and the roads were a solid sheet of ice. Yesterday afternoon the sun came out and melted the snow but again this morning it's somewhere in the mid twenties. From what I'm seeing, it seems that fall fell and it's pretty much winter. :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Snow already? Crap! This a.m. is was 32-35 and I rode to work (of course). The only thing that really got cold was my right hand. I gotta get better gloves. I worry about black ice and friggin' bambi this time of year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The KLR brush guards seem to have some sort of strange aerodynamic effect and work like an air conditioner for the hands. Try removing them and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts