Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has anyone used the fender bracket to attach a pair of spotlights to their KLR? These ones:

Cut and paste - adventurebikeaustralia.com.au/product/jns-auxiliary-led-light-mount

http://adventurebikeaustralia.com.au/product/jns-auxiliary-led-light-mount/

For Merkuns: http://www.jnsengineering.com/product/2008-2015-klr650-2-led-light-mount/

(can't post links yet)

I don't have crash bars yet, but would prefer not to mount lights on those anyway as they'd get broken if I dumped the bike! The fender mounts look like the lights may be positioned quite low and get filthy quick, although I'm mostly on-road so it shouldn't be too bad. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think the higher the better so I put a mounting bolt through the windshield just above the headlight. It works out nice because it has a higher angle to the road and I can reach around adjust it up or down while riding depending on whether I want long range for the highway or short range for the dirt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the higher the better so I put a mounting bolt through the windshield just above the headlight. It works out nice because it has a higher angle to the road and I can reach around adjust it up or down while riding depending on whether I want long range for the highway or short range for the dirt.

Interesting idea. I saw Twisted Throttle do a windshield mount, but it looks a bit goofy but would be a handy place to have the lights mounted.

I just don't feel like mounting my lights on the crash bars as if the bike does end up on it's side the last thing I want is for my lights to get crushed or more likely get forced inwards thus cracking the fairing or radiator!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Has anyone used the fender bracket to attach a pair of spotlights to their KLR? These ones:

Cut and paste - adventurebikeaustralia.com.au/product/jns-auxiliary-led-light-mount

JNS KLR650 Auxiliary LED Light Mount - Adventure Bike AustraliaAdventure Bike Australia

For Merkuns: 2008-2015 KLR650 2" LED Light Mounting Bracket

(can't post links yet)

I don't have crash bars yet, but would prefer not to mount lights on those anyway as they'd get broken if I dumped the bike! The fender mounts look like the lights may be positioned quite low and get filthy quick, although I'm mostly on-road so it shouldn't be too bad. Thoughts?
I've got the JNS Engineering mount, and so far I don't have any problems with it. Granted, it does rub a bit on the bottom of the headlight fairing, but when I'm riding I don't notice it at all. I really haven't been off-road with the new lights yet because I've been busy trying to put in a new yard at the house, so I can't tell you how the lights would fare if the bike took a dirt nap. Realistically though, I think they'll be just fine, because for the most part, the bike is held up a bit by the crash bars and such.

As for the lights, I've got a flood light setup (4 LED square lights), and yeah, I get people flashing their brights at me because I've got it wired with a separate switch.

Yeah, they do turn with the handlebars, but you really don't notice it unless you're at a slow speed and really turn the bars.

I'll see if I can take a pic after I get home from work this afternoon so you can see what they look like.

Reactions: tasman
1 - 6 of 6 Posts